Go Back   Knife Edge > RealFlight - Current Products > RealFlight 7
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Looking for technical support? Read this!

Old 08-27-2015, 01:06 PM

Real Flight 8.0

If all goes according to Hoyle, Real Flight 8.0 should be out near the end of October. I wonder what it will bring? I am hoping it has more for the Helicopter guys! Lately the quads have received the most attention.
It would be cool if we could really cut grass with the new one! Anyone have any thoughts about this new up coming upgrade?
Old 08-27-2015, 01:17 PM

Yup it's about time for the speculation to begin.

Unfortunately KE keeps tight lips on this until the actual release has been announced.

We don't even get a hint!?!?
Old 08-27-2015, 01:59 PM

RF7 was on towerhobbies.com before KE even announced anything, so should probably monitor that..
Old 08-27-2015, 05:32 PM

I guess what I want is an improved rendering engine on something besides DX9, even DX10 is fine for me. Then hopefully the texture resolution is increased for added detail, the current detail is just too soft. And don't forget better shadows. Being honest I don't care if they do anything else but improve the way it looks.
Old 08-27-2015, 06:11 PM

I know I for one won't be upgrading to 8 if its Still based on the same code that has been used since the beginning. There are other simulators out there that are catching up and will blow past Realflight if they aren't careful.
Old 08-27-2015, 07:26 PM

I have quit using Realflight for now. For practicing my Acro mode quad flights I can't find anything better than the $5 FPV Freerider game. It's great. Can use the Interlink with it too.
Old 08-27-2015, 08:45 PM

I might upgrade out of pure curiosity.. But that's it. Don't see a real use in RF right now.

Last edited by Johnny31297; 08-27-2015 at 09:20 PM.
Old 08-27-2015, 09:11 PM

When I first purchased G4 and joined this forum, it was a very busy place and I found a few good friends who I am still in contact with outside these forums. Then some people got upset at each other and a couple admins who aren't here anymore issued warnings and everything died. This place is all but a ghost town compared to what it used to be.

I feel that RealFlight development is also hurting because of what happened in the past too. We used to fly in testing sessions with the developers and give direct feedback by talking to them about things we wanted changed and what was working properly. I remember doing this all the time and things we wanted fixed were fixed and we had regular input from them here too.

Now there are just a very few people left from the "old days" and things will probably never be the same. It's sad....
Old 08-27-2015, 10:37 PM

Bring on RealFlight 8, I will continue to support them as I feel it the best simulator out there. I have been using it since the first release. I still remember being directly support by the RealFlight developer when was having issues with one of the early releases. They worked with me to fix the issue.

I will agree that the forum has become less active than the early days but I see that on all forums that I visit now. They quickly turn into name calling, personal attacks and spam repositories. The swap pages were really ugly with hijacking of the rating system.
Old 08-29-2015, 02:11 AM

I'll put money on DX9 finally being dumped.
Old 08-29-2015, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by opjose View Post
I'll put money on DX9 finally being dumped.
SHO me the money!
Old 08-30-2015, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by csgill75 View Post
When I first purchased G4 and joined this forum, it was a very busy place and I found a few good friends who I am still in contact with outside these forums. Then some people got upset at each other and a couple admins who aren't here anymore issued warnings and everything died. This place is all but a ghost town compared to what it used to be.

I feel that RealFlight development is also hurting because of what happened in the past too. We used to fly in testing sessions with the developers and give direct feedback by talking to them about things we wanted changed and what was working properly. I remember doing this all the time and things we wanted fixed were fixed and we had regular input from them here too.

Now there are just a very few people left from the "old days" and things will probably never be the same. It's sad....
Couldn't agree more here. I've been around since 2010 with G5. It was nothing to check the most recent posts and have 2 pages worth. I just checked in after 3 days of being away and I think there's 7 threads listed. But yeah, my money goes nowhere unless there's big changes. I'm kind of on my way out anyway I think.
Old 08-30-2015, 03:59 PM

Don`t leave us Andy..
Old 08-30-2015, 04:50 PM

Send a message via AIM to doug schluter
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle twist View Post
Don`t leave us Andy..
i agree you build such top notch EA's Andy even with the restrictions KE has on the builds
Old 08-30-2015, 07:54 PM

Andy... Well you know I want you to stay, but a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do. But stay anyway

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: