Go Back   Knife Edge > RealFlight - Designer's Corner > RealFlight 6 - Designer's Corner
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Technical Support is available from Great Planes Software Support.

Old 12-31-2015, 03:47 PM

That's a great looking model. I've flown/owned countless models but I've never had a WWI aircraft. The nearest I've came was a pt-17 stearman for about a year. I have seen some at the field and the attention to detail was crazy. At the time I wouldn't have had the patience to build one. I like my planes to be quick and nimble right now. Maybe in a few years I might decide to slow down a bit
Old 12-31-2015, 04:50 PM

Hey TP, was just curious, if you`re aware that you have different Color schemes options as well on various planes (almost all) available to you in the sim. I`m sure you are, just checking.
Old 01-01-2016, 02:33 PM

csgill75/uncle twist!

csgill75!: GLAD you liked the actual 1/5 scale model, and truth be told, the main reason I posted up a couple pics was to show how EXACT the sim F2B was to it! But here's the really neat part... the flying ...

... was EXACTLY the same! The guy that built this model for the RF sim was absolutely on the money with this one. This particular model would NOT BE most guy's cup of tea, simply because of what you mentioned... it's fly's way too slow for most, and control inputs have to be gentle/smooth. He nailed the power to weight ratio too, as the take off is extremely SCALE! All that said... I prefer the WWI single seat scouts, thus they can be tossed around at will, as were the full scale planes, and in the hands of an experienced pilot... The Fokker's especially, are great at doing high speed flat turns, or "lazy" knife edges in that they will roll to 1:00 and 7:00, and with full rudder deflection, hold that attitude all the way down the runway, which is what I like to do with them! Not as pretty as doing it with say an Extra 300... but actually more of a challenge! All of that said, I agree with you 100%! I also enjoy "quick and nimble", and those are just the ticket when I need a break from the WWI stuff... but I always return!

uncle twist!: I have seen that there are different color combinations/varients available for some of these models, but not all I guess? Also, now that I have a 1/3 Fokker Dr.I for example... can I go to the swap pages and download an AV?, or... would I have to have the original plane the guy with the AV designed to be able to use the AV?

Can't THANK YOU guys enough for all the information and willingness to share! This place is GREAT!

TPRogers
Old 01-01-2016, 04:26 PM

On the page that the AV is downloaded from, is a line that shows the required aircraft that you need for the AV to work. If it's a EA (entire aircraft) it will be a link that takes you to the page to download the base aircraft. It may tell you that you need an aircraft from an expansion pack or add on and that's where you go for the base. If it's based on the DR-1 from the add-ons then you can use any of the AV's for that.
Old 01-01-2016, 04:52 PM

TP, yes you`ll need the original aircraft (AKA ,EA) be it a stock RF plane or one that was a modeled for RF by a RF user, to use any AV that has been posted on the swap pages. If your Fokker has an "EA" at the end of its title, It was built by a RF user/modeler, and you already have the original, you can download any AV (aircraft variant) that is associated with THAT model, The same rules apply to color schemes as well. The same rules apply as well to stock RF aircraft, but you won`t find an EA in there title.
I`ve done some CS`s and AV`s for WWI aircraft and created one model for RF that you might like. If you click on my name "uncle twist" (upper left) in this post you will get a menu which will allow you to see all of them under the "view files" title. (bottom of menu), just click on any file that might interest you and it will open (as, I`m sure you know) to get details and more pics. of the CS/AV/EA

Last edited by uncle twist; 01-01-2016 at 05:05 PM.
Old 01-04-2016, 02:31 PM

THANKS csgill75 and uncle twist! I was able to import a few more planes that hold great interest for me, and even an AV! I'm in a real nice spot now with a hanger FULL of Giant Scale WWI models. I have a couple favorites of course!, but it's neat to be able to fly ALL of these, and especially so in the dreaded/dreary winter months up here in New England. It's been great though, much THANKS!!!

TPRogers
Old 01-04-2016, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPRogers View Post
THANKS csgill75 and uncle twist! I was able to import a few more planes that hold great interest for me, and even an AV! I'm in a real nice spot now with a hanger FULL of Giant Scale WWI models. I have a couple favorites of course!, but it's neat to be able to fly ALL of these, and especially so in the dreaded/dreary winter months up here in New England. It's been great though, much THANKS!!!

TPRogers
Your welcome TP, any more questions, just ask, we`ll do the best we can to help. , I have to ask, where in N.E. do you live.?, I have a sister in law that lives in Conn. Also, This time of year, I don`t envy you guys, must be tough up there. I`d die if I lived in that environment during the winter. Must be really nice in the summer and fall though to make it worth staying, looks real beautiful there, I`ll have to admit..
Old 01-06-2016, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle twist View Post
Your welcome TP, any more questions, just ask, we`ll do the best we can to help. , I have to ask, where in N.E. do you live.?, I have a sister in law that lives in Conn. Also, This time of year, I don`t envy you guys, must be tough up there. I`d die if I lived in that environment during the winter. Must be really nice in the summer and fall though to make it worth staying, looks real beautiful there, I`ll have to admit..
I'm in CT ... up in the northern part. I could drive into MA in about 10 minutes actually! So yeah, UGH... gets cold/windy. Not a fan, and never have been .. but .. one gets their life started, then kids, then, well... you know! We are at the point now though where we are talking about heading SOUTH, and for a myriad of reasons, not just the weather!

TPRogers
Old 01-06-2016, 04:59 PM

just looked up her town on facebook, she lives in Colebrook, works in Norfolk.

Last edited by uncle twist; 01-06-2016 at 05:04 PM.
Old 01-07-2016, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle twist View Post
just looked up her town on facebook, she lives in Colebrook, works in Norfolk.
Ah! I have played the Infinity Music Hall a couple times which is right on Main Street in Norfolk, CT ... so I know where that is! Beautiful little CT town!, at least until winter that is, then it gets NASTY as it's located up in the northwest corner of the state. ALL the bad weather usually comes in from the west, and right into Norfolk! Very nice area for 6 months out of the year though!

TPRogers
Old 01-07-2016, 04:54 PM

Roger that TP, It`s a balmy 51 degrees here in CA. I`m about 45 miles north of San Francisco, call me a sissy, but it`s still to cold for me , as I worked in the elements for most of my life. Just couldn't take it anymore. I`m retired now and ready to spent time in front of a cozy fire during the winter. Stay warm..

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: