Go Back   Knife Edge > RealFlight - Current Products > RealFlight Drone
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Looking for technical support? Read this!

Old 12-29-2015, 08:32 PM

7.5 upgrade

I just purchased RF Drone and RF 7.5 upgrade--Will the upgrade change RF Drone or just add the features of RF 7.5
Old 12-29-2015, 08:39 PM

Their each, their own, independent installs.
Old 12-29-2015, 09:10 PM

Thanks for the info--Great to know!
Old 06-05-2016, 07:18 PM

help with 7.5 upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenoline 60 View Post
i have rf drone if i buy RF 7.5 UPGRADE not the full version it will work?
Old 06-05-2016, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcspeeder View Post
i have rf drone if i buy RF 7.5 UPGRADE not the full version it will work?
Yes it will work.
Old 06-05-2016, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by csgill75 View Post
Yes it will work.
will it add to the drone version or will it be seperate?
Old 06-05-2016, 08:18 PM

RF drone upgrades

Quote:
does this also apply to all the other RF upgrades and mega packs? will they run independently as well without having to buy the full version?
Old 06-07-2016, 03:09 PM
Administrator

I deleted a post where hardware used to pirate flight sims was discussed.

Let me help clarify how this works.

If you purchase RealFlight Drone, it comes with two things: the software on a DVD, and the InterLink Elite controller.

Because the InterLink Elite is the same one that RealFlight 7.5 uses, you can purchase the RealFlight 7.5 Upgrade, which is software-only, and use the InterLink Elite you already with RF7.5.

The end result is two completely separate software installations.

It is important to note that you cannot then sell the RealFlight Drone software by itself and continue using RF7.5 with your InterLink, because that controller is an indivisible part of the RF Drone package. You can sell the InterLink and the software together, or not at all.

RealFlight Expansion Packs and Mega Packs are content-only packages that install for RealFlight 7.5. They are not standalone pieces of software, and they are not compatible with RealFlight Drone.

You can use your Spektrum radio with RealFlight if you like by connecting it to the back of the InterLink Elite. There is plenty of information elsewhere on the forums about how to do that and what to watch for, so I won't go into it here.
Old 07-01-2016, 03:52 PM

can i purchase drone software without interlink elite controller. I have rf 7.5. I wasn't sure about what you meant when you said you can purchase 7.5 upgrade. Is that to add drone software w/o interlink?

Last edited by turkeybuzzard; 07-01-2016 at 03:55 PM.
Old 07-01-2016, 05:01 PM

Nope, but I wish we could.
Old 09-07-2017, 08:19 PM

I know this is kind of old.

Is the upgrade still available and if so where? I looked on Realflight's website and didn't see an upgrade to 7.5. I was told by support I had to purchase RF 7.5 with the SLT Transmitter instead.

Thanks,
SR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Douglas View Post
I deleted a post where hardware used to pirate flight sims was discussed.

Let me help clarify how this works.

If you purchase RealFlight Drone, it comes with two things: the software on a DVD, and the InterLink Elite controller.

Because the InterLink Elite is the same one that RealFlight 7.5 uses, you can purchase the RealFlight 7.5 Upgrade, which is software-only, and use the InterLink Elite you already with RF7.5.

The end result is two completely separate software installations.

It is important to note that you cannot then sell the RealFlight Drone software by itself and continue using RF7.5 with your InterLink, because that controller is an indivisible part of the RF Drone package. You can sell the InterLink and the software together, or not at all.

RealFlight Expansion Packs and Mega Packs are content-only packages that install for RealFlight 7.5. They are not standalone pieces of software, and they are not compatible with RealFlight Drone.

You can use your Spektrum radio with RealFlight if you like by connecting it to the back of the InterLink Elite. There is plenty of information elsewhere on the forums about how to do that and what to watch for, so I won't go into it here.
Old 09-08-2017, 01:51 AM

Unfortunately the RealFlight is no longer offering the Upgrade 7.0 or 7.5 (software only) package, through their retail connections.
Its listed as Discontinued.
I would imagine Tech Support offered the RealFlight 7.5 Wireless SLT Transmitter Interface Edition, as the cheapest alternative, to ensure you got Legitimate software.
The SLT Wireless Interface works with SLT transmitters, or standard transmitters equipped with the Tactic Anylink (2) SLT Adapter.

Last edited by adrenoline 60; 09-08-2017 at 01:55 AM.
Old 09-08-2017, 05:52 AM

Quote:
Unfortunately the RealFlight is no longer offering the Upgrade 7.0 or 7.5 (software only) package, through their retail connections.
Its listed as Discontinued.
I would imagine Tech Support offered the RealFlight 7.5 Wireless SLT Transmitter Interface Edition, as the cheapest alternative, to ensure you got Legitimate software.
The SLT Wireless Interface works with SLT transmitters, or standard transmitters equipped with the Tactic Anylink (2) SLT Adapter.
But I will be able to use my Interlink Elite with the RF 7.5 even if I don't use the SLT transmitter correct?

Thanks
Old 09-08-2017, 12:10 PM

Yes.Your Interlink Elite Controller will work with the RealFlight 7.5, absolutely.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: