Go Back   Knife Edge > RealFlight - Current Products > RealFlight Drone
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Looking for technical support? Read this!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-29-2015, 08:32 PM
Bjcass Bjcass is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 2
7.5 upgrade

I just purchased RF Drone and RF 7.5 upgrade--Will the upgrade change RF Drone or just add the features of RF 7.5
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-29-2015, 08:39 PM
adrenoline 60 adrenoline 60 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 480
Their each, their own, independent installs.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-29-2015, 09:10 PM
Bjcass Bjcass is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 2
Thanks for the info--Great to know!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-05-2016, 07:18 PM
rcspeeder rcspeeder is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 5
help with 7.5 upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenoline 60 View Post
Their each, their own, independent installs.
i have rf drone if i buy RF 7.5 UPGRADE not the full version it will work?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-05-2016, 07:28 PM
csgill75's Avatar
csgill75 csgill75 is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Florence, Alabama
Posts: 3,114
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcspeeder View Post
i have rf drone if i buy RF 7.5 UPGRADE not the full version it will work?
Yes it will work.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-05-2016, 08:05 PM
rcspeeder rcspeeder is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by csgill75 View Post
Yes it will work.
will it add to the drone version or will it be seperate?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-05-2016, 08:18 PM
rcspeeder rcspeeder is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 5
RF drone upgrades

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenoline 60 View Post
Their each, their own, independent installs.
does this also apply to all the other RF upgrades and mega packs? will they run independently as well without having to buy the full version?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-07-2016, 03:09 PM
Ryan Douglas's Avatar
Ryan Douglas Ryan Douglas is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Corvallis, OR
Posts: 2,617
I deleted a post where hardware used to pirate flight sims was discussed.

Let me help clarify how this works.

If you purchase RealFlight Drone, it comes with two things: the software on a DVD, and the InterLink Elite controller.

Because the InterLink Elite is the same one that RealFlight 7.5 uses, you can purchase the RealFlight 7.5 Upgrade, which is software-only, and use the InterLink Elite you already with RF7.5.

The end result is two completely separate software installations.

It is important to note that you cannot then sell the RealFlight Drone software by itself and continue using RF7.5 with your InterLink, because that controller is an indivisible part of the RF Drone package. You can sell the InterLink and the software together, or not at all.

RealFlight Expansion Packs and Mega Packs are content-only packages that install for RealFlight 7.5. They are not standalone pieces of software, and they are not compatible with RealFlight Drone.

You can use your Spektrum radio with RealFlight if you like by connecting it to the back of the InterLink Elite. There is plenty of information elsewhere on the forums about how to do that and what to watch for, so I won't go into it here.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-01-2016, 03:52 PM
turkeybuzzard turkeybuzzard is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 1
can i purchase drone software without interlink elite controller. I have rf 7.5. I wasn't sure about what you meant when you said you can purchase 7.5 upgrade. Is that to add drone software w/o interlink?

Last edited by turkeybuzzard; 07-01-2016 at 03:55 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-01-2016, 05:01 PM
opjose's Avatar
opjose opjose is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Third rocky planet.
Posts: 13,220
Nope, but I wish we could.
__________________
Quote:
Newbies please click here for important instructions about forum posts: CLICK ME!
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 09-07-2017, 08:19 PM
SmoothRunnings SmoothRunnings is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 4
I know this is kind of old.

Is the upgrade still available and if so where? I looked on Realflight's website and didn't see an upgrade to 7.5. I was told by support I had to purchase RF 7.5 with the SLT Transmitter instead.

Thanks,
SR



Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Douglas View Post
I deleted a post where hardware used to pirate flight sims was discussed.

Let me help clarify how this works.

If you purchase RealFlight Drone, it comes with two things: the software on a DVD, and the InterLink Elite controller.

Because the InterLink Elite is the same one that RealFlight 7.5 uses, you can purchase the RealFlight 7.5 Upgrade, which is software-only, and use the InterLink Elite you already with RF7.5.

The end result is two completely separate software installations.

It is important to note that you cannot then sell the RealFlight Drone software by itself and continue using RF7.5 with your InterLink, because that controller is an indivisible part of the RF Drone package. You can sell the InterLink and the software together, or not at all.

RealFlight Expansion Packs and Mega Packs are content-only packages that install for RealFlight 7.5. They are not standalone pieces of software, and they are not compatible with RealFlight Drone.

You can use your Spektrum radio with RealFlight if you like by connecting it to the back of the InterLink Elite. There is plenty of information elsewhere on the forums about how to do that and what to watch for, so I won't go into it here.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 09-08-2017, 01:51 AM
adrenoline 60 adrenoline 60 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 480
Unfortunately the RealFlight is no longer offering the Upgrade 7.0 or 7.5 (software only) package, through their retail connections.
Its listed as Discontinued.
I would imagine Tech Support offered the RealFlight 7.5 Wireless SLT Transmitter Interface Edition, as the cheapest alternative, to ensure you got Legitimate software.
The SLT Wireless Interface works with SLT transmitters, or standard transmitters equipped with the Tactic Anylink (2) SLT Adapter.

Last edited by adrenoline 60; 09-08-2017 at 01:55 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 09-08-2017, 05:52 AM
SmoothRunnings SmoothRunnings is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenoline 60 View Post
Unfortunately the RealFlight is no longer offering the Upgrade 7.0 or 7.5 (software only) package, through their retail connections.
Its listed as Discontinued.
I would imagine Tech Support offered the RealFlight 7.5 Wireless SLT Transmitter Interface Edition, as the cheapest alternative, to ensure you got Legitimate software.
The SLT Wireless Interface works with SLT transmitters, or standard transmitters equipped with the Tactic Anylink (2) SLT Adapter.
But I will be able to use my Interlink Elite with the RF 7.5 even if I don't use the SLT transmitter correct?

Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 09-08-2017, 12:10 PM
adrenoline 60 adrenoline 60 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 480
Yes.Your Interlink Elite Controller will work with the RealFlight 7.5, absolutely.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:56 AM.