Go Back   Knife Edge > RealFlight - Current Products > RF-X
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Looking for technical support? Read this!

Old 10-26-2016, 01:52 PM

I purchased 4 1tb ssds for my new computer and they are pre much empty except for a few games from steam. They were 300 a piece but warranty is 5 years and I figure I can put them in other machines later on if I don't need the space.
Old 10-26-2016, 03:04 PM

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by N8LBV View Post
I'm a little shocked that support is telling you that you "need another 16GB of ram"
Especially if you already have 16GB of RAM.
What is that about???

I'd expect that 4 or 8GB would run it fine.

Also I'd think/hope am guessing with best intent that running Unigine Heaven Benchmark should give you a pretty good idea if/how your system may run RFX.

https://unigine.com/products/benchmarks/heaven/

Steve
My system ran the heaven benchmark beautifully. Score of 1300 or 1400 can't remember exactly and 60 fps on everything high. That is what the dude at real flight said for me to do. The number is provided inside the rfx manual that I called. I just purchased a crucial mx300 1tb ssd drive as well. This crap has been driving me crazy the last couple day wondering if I should just upgrade everything but like I said earlier my CPU is only using around 40 percent when running rf
Old 10-26-2016, 06:32 PM

Well I put my 1060 in and absolutely no improvement!! I'm going frickin nuts here. The system loads up good , goes into the introductory screen fine. When I hit fly it all goes to hell . I can actually see the colors loading 1/2 second at a time glitchesi can't throw any more money at this crap until I can figure out wtf is wrong. Something is holding it back.
Old 10-26-2016, 07:06 PM

When I get mine tomorrow, I will install it into my old AMD system which is similar to yours, it's a phenom 2 x6 1100T w/8gb ram and a 970. It's running windows 10 though and runs everything I throw at it. It's probably slower than yours but should do better than what you are seeing.
Old 10-26-2016, 07:14 PM

I am going to try it on this all in one system with 16GB of ram. I hope I don't have to put it on my gaming system. It has an internal 2GB video "card". Core i5 4200
Old 10-26-2016, 07:41 PM

OPPs I posted this in the other thread but I'll post it here too since this is where I meant to put it. I'll put my post from the other thread below in a Quote Box. Sorry about that!

Quote:
I got RF-X installed and tried a few planes and fields but decided to wait until a few more install and play it before sharing much about it since several people have it coming in during the next few days.

But I will share one thing. I have an I7 4770S (3.1 Ghz) with 32 Gig RAM and a GTX 760 and another person was having problems with his GTX 760 based system so I'll share my graphics rates with him. I let RF-X set everything on first run and then looked at the graphics menu to see what was set. Most everything was on high but not everything so I went with what they set during first run to see how it went. I have FRAPS so I had it running when I started RF-X. I was getting low 20s to low 40s (now and then) and I had short what I'd call hitching while flying. The plane had little micro pauses (very quick ones). It's possible that's texture fetching but if it is they grab the same textures as you go by the same area because the micro pauses continued as long as I flew. So I'm not seeing the very low rates you're seeing. Maybe the processor is the problem, how does it compare to an I7 at 3.1Ghz, that's the low power version (65 watts). But the full version was just 3.5 Ghz so there's not much difference. Anyway that's what I was seeing so I hope your GTX 1060 helps you out a lot. But there may be a processor bottleneck too.
Old 10-26-2016, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by technoid View Post
OPPs I posted this in the other thread but I'll post it here too since this is where I meant to put it. I'll put my post from the other thread below in a Quote Box. Sorry about that!
I turned everything to low and I am getting 40 to 50 sometimes 60 fps. But with everything on low settings I'm not really impressed with the graphics. My msi afterburner says it's only using a total of 40 percent of all 6 cores but that might not mean anything. I just have to accept the fact that I might have to get me an intel chip motherboard with the top dog CPU. Some ddr4 ram. New OS (windows 10 maybe?) already have the 1060gpu and crucial mx300 ssd on its way
Old 10-26-2016, 09:54 PM

ill let you know what my old system does tomorrow. CPU's are very similar. I am on Win 10 though. It's in Nashville, just 2 hours away from here
Attached Images
File Type: png Screenshot_20161026-211544.png (231.8 KB, 23 views)

Last edited by csgill75; 10-27-2016 at 06:00 AM.
Old 10-27-2016, 03:51 PM

Laggy performance

I installed yesterday and am unimpressed with the performance. I built a computer solely for VR and spared no expense. I have an I7 6850 processor, 16 gb DDR4 3000 memory, Samsung 950 Pro SSD and a GTX 1080 graphics card (watercooled and overclocked). This is a $4200 computer and it seems laggy when playing at 1080P. All the fields are 3D rendered in this version. There are no fields that are made from image captures which is a little disappointing. Hopefully a patch improves performance.
Old 10-27-2016, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadDoctor View Post
All the fields are 3D rendered in this version. There are no fields that are made from image captures which is a little disappointing.
No photofields? Damn.
Old 10-27-2016, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadDoctor View Post
I installed yesterday and am unimpressed with the performance. I built a computer solely for VR and spared no expense. I have an I7 6850 processor, 16 gb DDR4 3000 memory, Samsung 950 Pro SSD and a GTX 1080 graphics card (watercooled and overclocked). This is a $4200 computer and it seems laggy when playing at 1080P. All the fields are 3D rendered in this version. There are no fields that are made from image captures which is a little disappointing. Hopefully a patch improves performance.
Thanks you, I thought I was the only one who noticed this **** performance in this sim. You have over the best requirements for hardware. If your computer doesn't play it no ones will right? You know what I liked about real flight 7.5 is they have a vsync option that lets you Match fps to MHz of your monitor. Please real flight slow this option. Thank you for your comment
Old 10-27-2016, 04:58 PM

I'm set to receive my Software Only version tomorrow or Saturday. But if that $4200 VR rig won't run it... I guess I'm back to g5.5 for serious practice & 7.5 for multiplayer fun.

That's the nice thing about obsolete versions... you don't have to worry they'll "improve" them.

What frame rate are you getting with that rig?
Old 10-27-2016, 08:42 PM

CONSOLE: Hold Control and Alt keys down then Press and Release the Tilde Key (~)
Old 10-27-2016, 08:49 PM

My initial Thoughts on Realflight X. I will probably edit this post when I use it further.

I haven't installed it on my newer Skylake PC yet but I did install it on my Older AMD system that meets the requirements. Justinmccurdy25 there is something wrong in your setup as I have an older CPU with just a single 970 and 8gb of ram on it and I am getting 50-75FPS with high settings. It has windows 10 though and that is something you might want to consider.

I do see why the memory requirements are so high, It is loading all the Textures and utilizing A LOT of memory. The minimum requirements really need to be met for RealFlight to work. Forget about integrated GPU's, 4gb ram systems, and people who go cheap on their upgrades. It's not going to work this time around. I was using 92% of the 8gb or ram on this system while flying the P-51 on the first airport. Different airports seem to use less. I was using a different field and memory usage with the Synergy was only 80% and more responsive.

I did notice the stuttering when flying that other people have also noticed. It was noticeable but I could still fly, perform basic 3D maneuvers, etc. I imagine it will carry over to my other PC since someone else also sees the same problem with an even higher end computer. The FPV feed (F4 or F5 I think?) on the Tempest works pretty well and I saw less stutter and what had to be even higher frame rates as I flew into a tree after selecting a switch which brings me to my next observation...

WHERE ARE THE NAVGUIDES AND GADGETS?!?!?!?!?

There Is very little in the way of Feedback on the screen, if using FPV on a quad It has Telemetry so we should be able to see this information on our screen too. I like to have both the physics FPS and video FPS showing whats going on as well as RPM,Fuel/battery remaining, basically what we had in the Navguides in 7.5 and older. On the quads, what are the modes on the 3-Position switch? It would be nice to have the Gadget Realflight Drone people get that tells you what flight mode you're in. It's a lot of What does this do and oh that isn't what I wanted to do and I just crashed.

I really Like the Weather! We can customize our flying sites with cloud cover, types of wind and PRECIPITATION!!! It can rain in realflight, Perhaps snow is in the future?????

I Have to get used to the new interlink, I have been using the other one for 8 years and I know where the knob is by muscle memory, what switch and where does what plus the feel is altogether different. Not that this is a bad thing, things change and I'll have to get used to it.

I've been snooping in the installation folder, I see an empty tools folder and an add on folder. I anxiously await the editor.

I find the best field to fly in on this older computer Is the new Joe's Garage. It's desolate and the stuttering is almost nonexistent. I also noticed the stuttering seems to go away the longer it's been running. I am liking the feeling when flying the Helis. To me they seem more fluid like? Hard to describe but it really responds differently than they do in 7.5. It can't be compared to what we see in 7.5 at all.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2016-10-27 (1).jpg (120.1 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg 2016-10-27.jpg (246.2 KB, 30 views)

Last edited by csgill75; 10-27-2016 at 10:35 PM.
Old 10-27-2016, 09:29 PM

Installed a couple days ago, and I've been really impressed with it so far. Worthwhile upgrade from RF 7.5.

I have not had any issues with performance, but I wouldn't expect to with my system:

Intel Core i7-6950X, overclocked to 4.2 GHz
Corsair H115i watercooling
MSI Godlike Gaming Carbon mobo
128GB of Corsair DDR4-3200
nVidia Titan X Pascal
Samsung 950 Pro NVMe SSD
Windows 10
64GB of the ram is allocated for ram disk.
(3) 3840x2160 4k 28" monitors

I've been playing at 3840x2160.

i7-5820K w/ 37% overclock; MSI X99 XPower Gaming Titanium; 64GB Corsair DDR4-3333;
Intel 600p NVMe; Thermaltake Water 3.0 Riing RGB 240; Corsair Carbide 540; Corsair AX1200; Titan X Maxwell 12GB

Last edited by kcsr; 10-27-2016 at 09:32 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: