Go Back   Knife Edge > RealFlight - Designer's Corner > RF-X - Designer's Corner
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Looking for technical support? Read this!

Old 11-17-2016, 03:12 PM

Rf 7.5

Two things:

1) Would like to see RF with realistic airports like SFO, LAX, PHX, TUC etc. One must at least obtain taxi and runway clearances--could incorporate approach/departure control if desired. Airlines have all that video pre canned and non proprietary for their simulators. I used to be a civilian flight instructor in the bay area mid 1960's before all the control areas were in place--could fly right over the city without any problems--and anywhere else in the bay area for that matter. Anyway--would like to be able to load an airport with which I am familiar.

2) Would like to design my own RF airplane with ability to change all nominal control settings, power available, and weight and balance issues--set to mimic my real RC airplane so I can see how it flies before actually testing it! Maybe some more pre canned profiles could be installed like all the Grumman fighter series. I have an F9F-2 Panther with a 6 foot wingspan almost done.

Just thoughts--Carl Turner

Last edited by carl turner; 11-17-2016 at 03:14 PM. Reason: mis spelled word--
Old 11-17-2016, 04:54 PM

RealFlight is a RC simulator, not full scale. What you need for this is FSX, X-Plane or Prepa3d.

You can already edit aircraft to fly like their real world counterparts. This has been possible for years.

There probably won't be any more updates for 7.5. RF-X is the priority now.
Old 11-17-2016, 05:23 PM

It is possible for you to build any airport you like in the editor and 3DMax Studio. Not easy, but it can be done with patience. I agree with cagil75 as he recommends x-plane if you want a GA simulator.

It would be fantastic to have some of the worlds great airports here, but we may be past the point of doing this. RF-X is making this 7.5 version obsolete.

BTW this is posted in wrong forum... moderator should move it.

Last edited by 12oclockhigh; 11-17-2016 at 06:32 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: