Go Back   Knife Edge > RealFlight - Current Products > RF-X > RealFlight Vehicle Editor BETA
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Looking for technical support? Read this!

Old 11-23-2016, 05:03 PM
Administrator

Report issues with old swap pages content here

There is a large body of custom content on the swap pages that was created for previous versions of RealFlight. It can be imported in the vehicle editor for use in RF-X, but not all of the models will work well. We expect some to have more problems than others.

If you encounter a model with issues, please use this thread to post about it, so we can keep the reports contained in one place.

Your report should include:
  1. A brief description of the problem
  2. A screenshot or two if it would be helpful
  3. A link to the vehicle on our swap pages
We may or may not be able to do anything about issues of this type. This content is mostly supported as is. But we would like to know about the issues that exist in case there is something we can do about any of them on our side.

Thank you!
Old 11-23-2016, 06:05 PM

Blurhubs are solid/don't fade in/out.

http://www.knifeedge.com/forums/down...=file&id=20384
Attached Images
File Type: jpg blurhubs.jpg (261.6 KB, 20 views)

Last edited by Johnny31297; 11-23-2016 at 06:33 PM.
Old 11-23-2016, 06:44 PM
Administrator

It looks like there are two hubs with that model, one on top of the other, and that's causing the problem.
Old 11-23-2016, 06:57 PM

I have only imported 2 Models into RF-X so far This Modeltech Magic and This DC-3 Model.

Both files work in the Grasslands flying field fine. They work in other fields Like Joes Garage and Flight school too but when I try them on the Homestead field, My Frame Rate drops to under 1 per second. It happens on both models. normal Frame Rates are around 80 at this airport with regular RF-X aircraft. When importing these models an error comes up about a missing collision mesh could cause poor performance. Doe this have something to do with the low frame rates at that particular flying field?
Old 11-23-2016, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Douglas View Post
It looks like there are two hubs with that model, one on top of the other, and that's causing the problem.
Couldn't see a reason why I'd have done this as I was constantly scratching the 27k limit, will check my 3DSMax file tomorrow though.
Old 11-23-2016, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by csgill75 View Post
I have only imported 2 Models into RF-X so far This Modeltech Magic and This DC-3 Model.

Both files work in the Grasslands flying field fine. They work in other fields Like Joes Garage and Flight school too but when I try them on the Homestead field, My Frame Rate drops to under 1 per second. It happens on both models. normal Frame Rates are around 80 at this airport with regular RF-X aircraft. When importing these models an error comes up about a missing collision mesh could cause poor performance. Doe this have something to do with the low frame rates at that particular flying field?
Can confirm with a custom heli I imported. Got the no collision mesh warning, framerate dropped so low I was essentially looking at a slideshow of stills.
Old 11-23-2016, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny31297 View Post
Can confirm with a custom heli I imported. Got the no collision mesh warning, framerate dropped so low I was essentially looking at a slideshow of stills.

The homestead field right? It is really bad there.

The other sites that I have tried work fine for me.
Old 11-23-2016, 07:27 PM

Actually every field I've tried except the new grass flatlands one, which ran acceptable.
Old 11-23-2016, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by csgill75 View Post

The reason is probably because I did not define a collision mesh for the dc-3 I used rf7's "auto generate" "feature" to generate mesh thus the collision mesh has 23k triangles and every thing (including the needles) are collideable. And I Think technoid's model is the same.
Old 11-23-2016, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
The reason is probably because I did not define a collision mesh for the dc-3 I used rf7's "auto generate" "feature" to generate mesh thus the collision mesh has 23k triangles and every thing (including the needles) are collideable. And I Think technoid's model is the same.
That's right none of my models have a collision mesh. I don't know how to do them so is there a tutorial anywhere on it? I'm a dummy I always need help!
Old 11-23-2016, 09:32 PM
Administrator

Yes, that kind of performance is expected for models lacking a collision mesh. That is a critical requirement for RF-X models, as you have seen!
Old 11-23-2016, 09:40 PM
Administrator

Johnny31297, we looked into that heli a little more. It does not conform to the standards we've laid out, which is most likely the root cause of any bad behavior.

First, it doesn't match the hierarchy and naming described in the old KEMax heli tutorial.

Second, note the differences described in the Helicopter section here, which are important now for RF-X.

Our guess is that something about the ways the model is out of spec confused the software and the hub got exported twice.

Bottom line: Bring your model in line with the current specs and you should get the desired results. Keep us posted!
Old 11-23-2016, 09:42 PM

I imported Boof's A-10, and it has the collision mesh It works fine everywhere.
Old 11-23-2016, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by technoid View Post
That's right none of my models have a collision mesh. I don't know how to do them so is there a tutorial anywhere on it? I'm a dummy I always need help!
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bwg...ew?usp=sharing
You can find more of the old tutorials (That should still mostly apply to RF-X) HERE

Last edited by Boof69; 11-23-2016 at 10:12 PM.
Old 11-23-2016, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by technoid View Post
Here`s one of the tutes that Boof has done, If I did this right, the tute covers collision mesh`s. jump to the 24:45 mark on the timer. . https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eL0-V7gKjQI

Last edited by uncle twist; 11-23-2016 at 10:22 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: