Go Back   Knife Edge > RealFlight - Current Products > RealFlight 7
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Technical Support is available from Great Planes Software Support.

Old 06-23-2017, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maj. Numbskully View Post
Disable particles

Problem solved
As I've stated many MANY times...

Leave particles alone.

The better solution is to HIDE the S-Stain. That way you don't see his stupid 400 sized yellow idiotmobile hanging in front of the camera blocking the view.

I repeat this because there may be new users who don't realize there is a better solution than disabling particles for the entire room.
Old 06-23-2017, 09:25 AM

Turn off Particles? Not exactly.....

Pretty sure the Hosts connection is affected by how much smoke is projected on HIS screen, whether the Host turns of particles or not...

Remember its not just one exhaust with the guy flying around..., its 10 or more smoke pots on each wing, black, 4 seconds duration each, parked in front of the camera....an ever increasing exponetial curve of "data" to process.... his sytem may support it, but his presence in my room is an (eventual) drain on mine, even with particles off.

I will eventually get lag/crash if I just let him roam at will after a few minutes.

Remember his target is the Host....if he annoyes other visitors so much the better...but even if everyone present turns off particles, the Hosts Connection will suffer, thats his game...

Last edited by Moto-Guzzi; 06-23-2017 at 09:31 AM.
Old 06-23-2017, 09:31 AM

Not exactly.....

Pretty sure the Hosts connection is affected by how much smoke is projected on his screen, whether the Host turns of particles or not...

Remember its not just one exhaust with the guy flyng around..., its 10 or more smoke pots on each wing, black, 4 seconds duration, parked in front of the camera....an exponetial curve of "data" to process.... his sytem may support it, but his presence in my room is an (eventual) drain on mine.

I've turned off particles while hosting, but will eventually get lag/crash if I just let him roam at will after a few minutes.
Old 06-23-2017, 12:35 PM

I still love how he spends $179.99 just to be a (insert colorful word of your choice here) to people on a freakin' r/c simulator. There's a million other games to be a jerk to people on, so why would you use an r/c simulator of all things to be a (insert colorful word of your choice here)?
Old 06-23-2017, 01:05 PM

Maybe it's some disgruntled former employee Probably just some immature <insert word here> overprivileged spoiled <insert word here> though.

Last edited by BrokeDad; 06-23-2017 at 01:08 PM.
Old 06-23-2017, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto-Guzzi View Post
Turn off Particles? Not exactly.....

Pretty sure the Hosts connection is affected by how much smoke is projected on HIS screen, whether the Host turns of particles or not...

Remember its not just one exhaust with the guy flying around..., its 10 or more smoke pots on each wing, black, 4 seconds duration each, parked in front of the camera....an ever increasing exponetial curve of "data" to process.... his sytem may support it, but his presence in my room is an (eventual) drain on mine, even with particles off.

I will eventually get lag/crash if I just let him roam at will after a few minutes.

Remember his target is the Host....if he annoyes other visitors so much the better...but even if everyone present turns off particles, the Hosts Connection will suffer, thats his game...

I'm not 100% sure but I don't think anyone is affected who does not show him or his smoke on their own screen. It would be great if someone from KE would chime in on that question to settle it definitively.

And once again, the better solution is to HIDE him... not disable particles.
Old 06-24-2017, 09:16 AM

maybe knife edge could create the " bitch slap hand". Its the mechanical hand that has to be plugged in VIA usb and only controlled by knife edge. Used at the appropriate time, this tool could be affective for scumbags like this!!
Old 06-24-2017, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinmccurdy25 View Post
maybe knife edge could create the " bitch slap hand". Its the mechanical hand that has to be plugged in VIA usb and only controlled by knife edge. Used at the appropriate time, this tool could be affective for scumbags like this!!
+1 For the creation of the official BSH
Old 08-07-2017, 11:14 PM

There's a lot going on behind the scenes to clean this up. Fly, hide the cretins and ignore the texts. Anything else gives them what they want. The more they carry on, the more we have on them, so let them hang themselves..
Old 08-08-2017, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Austin View Post
There's a lot going on behind the scenes to clean this up.
You must be deep in the know. I haven't heard a peep... or from anyone who's heard a peep about any efforts to remedy the situation.
Old 08-12-2017, 04:08 PM

For now, turn off your particles (so the smoke won't show), put the offenders on "hide" (so they won't show up), and never, ever respond to the obscene and threatening texts. Fly, forget about them, and deny them the attention they are after.
Old 08-13-2017, 07:07 AM

Only Hide is necessary... it will hide both his smoke and his stupid 400 size Extra he uses to block the view. If you disable particles, you won't see anyone's smoke... even your own.
Old 08-20-2017, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringfellow View Post
Only Hide is necessary... it will hide both his smoke and his stupid 400 size Extra he uses to block the view. If you disable particles, you won't see anyone's smoke... even your own.
Yes, hide works wonderfully, but it doesn't stop the obscene and threatening texts. It's kind of hard to ignore a text that says your mother is a slut, or something else as brilliantly creative.

I can't believe that among all the geekheads we have here there's not a single person who can figure out how to track this guy.
Old 08-20-2017, 10:53 AM

Yes I agree. No cure for the inane chat. My point was that there's no reason to disable Particles... Hide is the way to go. Best we have for now.
Old 08-21-2017, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringfellow View Post
Yes I agree. No cure for the inane chat. My point was that there's no reason to disable Particles... Hide is the way to go. Best we have for now.
In real life I fly electrics, so I disable my particles anyway!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: