Go Back   Knife Edge > RealFlight - Current Products > RealFlight 7
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Technical Support is available from Great Planes Software Support.

Old 08-29-2017, 08:42 AM

He's posing now as a genuine RC flyer... and still using real pilot's names. Latest is kuma. You can still easily spot him because he has no talent and knows next to nothing about RC.
Old 08-29-2017, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringfellow View Post
He's posing now as a genuine RC flyer... .
If you think you have had a bad exchange with me on Realflight, I assure you it wasn't really me.

3D Practice
We have three or four guys who are willing to host a Realflight "3D Practice" session and keep it going 24 hours on weekends. We will probably post a notice on Facebook because the last time we did that there were always 10-12 guys flying until about 3am. This will probably be once a month so the hosts don't burn out. We are still putting it together, but I will post a notice here when we are ready.

The rules will be particles off, put any trolls on "hide" and under no circumstances engage any trolls. Just "hide" them and ignore the texts. That should make for a nice peaceful session, but if things get nasty the hosts will take care of it.

Last edited by Doc Austin; 08-29-2017 at 02:32 PM.
Old 08-29-2017, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Austin View Post
If you think you have had a bad exchange with me on Realflight, I assure you it wasn't really me.
Yup same here... he's used my name many times. Seems to think that's clever.
Old 08-30-2017, 04:19 AM

The perfect thing for this problem would not only be a RF-Serial number ban, but perhaps even a UserID Whitelist. Since sharing key's potentially gives people an ability to steal you account; we need some sort of identification other than IP and name to ban/whitelist people into a server. Those still interested in flying; I have a suggestion for the Pilots here, though it requires external software, however, at least you can stop this bugger from screwing up a session. I'll require a poll for this however.

http://www.strawpoll.me/13820948/

Sorry to also hijack this tread, but we sort of require a 'Lounge' area for general discussion between RealFlight pilots. I don't think downloading and installing software such as Discord is really appropriate for a forum like this and would really benefit us all for general discussions such as this as this could apply to ANY RealFlight version to be honest..
Old 08-30-2017, 05:52 AM

Mac address....Can't we perma ban him with that?
Old 08-30-2017, 02:52 PM

How does a user ID whitewash work?

As a host, I would buy whatever software is necessary to protect my guests from obscene insults and threats. It would be worth it to protect the fun and friendships we are building.
Old 08-30-2017, 04:19 PM

hey guys my name is Chris. i fly with Doc Austin and the crew on RF. best way I've found out to deal with this guy is ignore him and hide him. I've done some undercover work and found out this guys name. his name is Chris. i do have a list of his IP addresses, fake names and other stuff. i know people that work for the US government so if he threatens you please let me know. one way or another this piece of **** will regret messing with us.
Old 08-31-2017, 01:06 PM

We don't necessarily want him to regret it. We just want him to go away. That and get some help. While this is certainly annoying, it is also sad than an individual can be so twisted with apparently no one to turn to for help. He's really quite pitiful, and between moments of being angry with him, we should all probably feel a little sorry for him as well. This is a pathetic individual.

We tried to invite him to turn off the smoke and join us, but some people are simply incapable of having any friends other than the ones in his head.

As a former mental health professional, I have learned to spot certain patterns of behavior. Clearly this person is a sociopath. That's pretty black and white. The question is how potentially dangerous could he be?

Right now I would say he's pretty harmless, if not even downright hapless. His pattern of engagement suggests he is either poorly educated, or just downright stupid. His fixation with other people's sexuality suggests he is about 12 or 13 and doesn't even really know what he is saying.

He is acting out from a feeling of powerlessness, and Realflight is the only thing he has found that has given him a small measure of power over people, as pyrrhic as that might even be. Today he screws up people's fun, but when he becomes an adult he could very well turn out to be the next Ted Budy or John Wayne Gacy.

Clearly his parents don't care about whatever mental disorder he is suffering, or are so afflicted themselves that it all seems normal to them. This is a repeating pattern of families with a history of mental illness, and the more severe the disorder, the stronger that pattern will be.

It's great to be compassionate and all, but sometimes you just have to put a rabid dog down, or at least put them away to protect society as a whole. While he hides behind anonymity now, there is plenty to suggest as he becomes sicker he will also become less cowardly and start lashing out at, probably small animals first, and then people.

This is why we simply disengage and not give him the attention he so desperately wants, nor the perceived power he craves. If we do this, soon his simple mind will drift off to simpler things like torturing frogs.

Last edited by Doc Austin; 08-31-2017 at 05:06 PM.
Old 09-01-2017, 05:54 PM

I think that you are bloviating on this diagnosis. Come on a psychiatric diagnosis over video game behavior? Further, I cannot believe that no one else has jumped in on this. I have never seen a post like this before. Just hide the jerk and be done with him.
Old 09-01-2017, 06:01 PM

Short on time and running late for a project but I will say this:

@MustangFlyer24 - Threatening and such online is generally not tolerated, by KE staff too. Won't be surprised if you receive(d) an infraction but just a heads up. I feel you and understand your anger but it won't do you any good. Doc is right in what he says.

@Doc - If K.E. Implemented Whitelisting, it just basically allows anything on that list to join. It could have been Serial number (Though, it's against K.E. to share that information), what could be, a K.E. registered ID, or even an IP address, which allows only what's matching on that info to join, meaning if the bugger attempted to connect with a VPN, he'd still be booted out.

The software I recommend you to use is freeware, so there is no issue there, however, the only downside is that you and your friends on your server will have to also download, install and register the software. No catch or anything, but that's about it. Since I port forward, it won't be a problem or hasn't been one for me and my mates, but it's been known to RARELY buck up.

I'll send you a PM regarding the whole setup and shebang and the great thing is, you can create passwords so that even if this person has the application; he still can't join unless you give him information.

Though in general, we shouldn't have to do this, there's just some things you've got to do yourself.

Cheers.
Old 09-01-2017, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12oclockhigh View Post
Come on a psychiatric diagnosis over video game behavior?
If you don't think he's a sociopath, how else can you explain this kind of behavior?

Quote:
Further, I cannot believe that no one else has jumped in on this.
Maybe the forum isn't overflowing with psychiatric professionals.

Quote:
Just hide the jerk and be done with him.
What part of the following wasn't clear enough?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Austin
Just "hide" them and ignore the texts.
Old 09-02-2017, 07:02 AM

Thumbs down

This is not about his behavior, this is about yours. A diagnosis based on playing a video game? You do not have any right to publicly declare any private citizen a sociopath, as a professional. He gets his jollies annoying people that can just ignore him. I think that I ran across him yesterday. I put up with it for a couple of minutes then hid him. Problem solved. So now you as a professional control freak come along and want to modify his behavior. You are choosing to be annoyed. I very much doubt we are seeing the next Ted Buddy. Shut down the internet, we have a lot of behavioral modification to complete.

Loosen up, this goes on all the time on the web. He will grow tired or create a robot to annoy you with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Austin View Post
If you don't think he's a sociopath, how else can you explain this kind of behavior?

Maybe the forum isn't overflowing with psychiatric professionals.

What part of the following wasn't clear enough?
Old 09-02-2017, 09:17 AM

Quote:
You do not have any right to publicly declare any private citizen a sociopath, as a professional.
He has impersonated me on multiple occasions and told people all kinds of horrible things. I have every right to call him out and be critical of him.

Besides, you sure about that? I have not addressed anyone by name, so he can sue me all he wants and it won't get him anywhere but blowing his own his cover. I'm pretty sure he doesn't want to go to court when he's guilty of identity theft.

Quote:
He gets his jollies annoying people that can just ignore him.
Again, you missed the part where I say ignore him.

Quote:
So now you as a professional control freak come along and want to modify his behavior.
See, now you're are getting irrational and addressing me on a personal basis, which means you have no argument.

And really, you are the one telling people what they do and don't have the right to do. Control freak much?

Quote:
You are choosing to be annoyed.
I said (repeatedly) ignore him.

Quote:
Loosen up, this goes on all the time on the web.
Loosen up, eh? I'm not the one telling people what their rights are and aren't, and I am not the one calling people names.

Last edited by Doc Austin; 09-02-2017 at 11:51 AM.
Old 09-02-2017, 02:12 PM

Don't try turning your psycho babble on me. I am immune, there are too many head headshrinkers in my family. I am out of here.
Old 09-02-2017, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Don't try turning your psycho babble on me.
Plain English is now psycho babble?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: