Go Back   Knife Edge > RealFlight - Designer's Corner > RealFlight 7 - Designer's Corner
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Looking for technical support? Read this!

Old 05-22-2017, 11:55 AM

Techair Sea Cruise

After a false start on a plane already modeled I decided to go back to what I do best, create something from scratch. I enjoy molding a new model as I go from inspirations I found on the internet and I found lots of ideas today so I have a general idea of what I want to end up with. I haven't started on it yet but I'll update the build thread as I go. She'll be an Amphibian so she can fly anywhere and a people mover but not a huge plane. I can't say for sure but right now I'm thinking twin engines with a Chris-Craft Seaplane look.

Last edited by technoid; 05-30-2017 at 02:59 AM.
Old 05-22-2017, 12:44 PM

Size? Engine? Generic outline? (searching Chris-Craft seaplane got me boats)
Old 05-22-2017, 03:44 PM

I can`t ever recall Chris Craft having anything what so ever, to do with aviation. I think Technoid wants to put somewhat of a Chris Craft vibe into it, be an amphibious plane.
Old 05-22-2017, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle twist View Post
I can`t ever recall Chris Craft having anything what so ever, to do with aviation. I think Technoid wants to put somewhat of a Chris Craft vibe into it, be an amphibious plane.
I think the closest think to amphibious "boat" plane; would be an airboat with wings.
Old 05-22-2017, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle twist View Post
Yes you got it. I may have worded that badly but that's exactly what I meant. The fuselage will be basically a boat with an old school look, which is why I used the Chris-Craft analogy. But a flying boat with wings sounds more like an everglade type of thing with a flat boat, this will be an old school boat looking fuselage that might remind you of a Chris-Craft plane IF they ever made one. Which of course they didn't. I have nothing to show right now just a thought in my head that I have to try and create it with once I get going. So hang in their guys this might be something nice or a real dud I hide from human sight!
Old 05-22-2017, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
Size? Engine? Generic outline? (searching Chris-Craft seaplane got me boats)
Of course being me this will be an RC only creation nothing to do with a real plane but I plan on maybe a 96 inch wingspan with two OS Twin Four-Stroke engines to give it a nice sound. I can't show a basic shape yet but think of an old school Chris-Craft Cabin Cruiser look but pulled in at the tail to give it a seaplane look. Once I put something together I'll upload a render of what I'm starting with. But don't hold me to anything I start with because sometimes I go through a couple of designs before I get what I'm looking for. This is the type of plane you'd take on a camping trip, fly there, spend overnight on the plane, and fly back.
Old 05-22-2017, 06:09 PM

Does it look like this?

Does it look like this?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Does it look like this 1.jpg (45.4 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg Does it look like this 2.jpg (36.4 KB, 13 views)
Old 05-22-2017, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Does it look like this?
That's it, err.. maybe not.
Old 05-22-2017, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Does it look like this?
That might be fairly close Legoman, However, I think the more nostalgic/early Chris Craft hull design might be a better look, this should be fun.
Old 05-22-2017, 07:52 PM

When I think Chris-Craft and airplanes, I am drawn to the old Sikorsky planes from the 30's. Perhaps that could be inspiration for your own design. In particular I like the S-42 or the S-43 as a starting point.

Last edited by csgill75; 05-22-2017 at 07:56 PM.
Old 05-22-2017, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by csgill75 View Post
When I think Chris-Craft and airplanes, I am drawn to the old Sikorsky planes from the 30's. Perhaps that could be inspiration for your own design. In particular I like the S-42 or the S-43 as a starting point.
Those are cool planes for sure but not quite what I'm after. Like I said think Cabin Cruiser for a fuselage so smaller than those planes and more normal boat looking. I have some stuff I'm thinking about doing but I need to do it first since all of us has the ideal look in our mind for a project like this. My vision of it has already changed a little after looking around more so I don't want to post something I'm looking at for inspiration I want to get something started first and then share it. After that I'll have a better idea of where I'm going with it. Like I said each of us has something in mind for the idea look for a project like this but I want to be a bit creative and not follow the norm on this project. We're also in the middle of some health issues so I'll be slower than normal on this project so give me a bit of time to get going on it. I definitely want to hear what everyone is thinking though I always get great ideas from everyone here.

Question: Is there a way to change the Title of the Thread? Being honest I wanted to use Techair Seawind for this project but Seawind is already a model and I also liked Techair Searey but Searey is already a plane too and I didn't know if using Techair in front of those names was good enough for them to stand on their own as new planes. So any ideas are welcome on the name because being honest Seabus doesn't really match the plane I'll be modeling. So.. any ideas? AND can the thread title be changed? Who is a moderator?

Last edited by technoid; 05-23-2017 at 05:03 AM.
Old 05-23-2017, 05:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by technoid View Post
Question: Is there a way to change the Title of the Thread?..... AND can the thread title be changed? Who is a moderator?
We cannot but Moderators might be able to.
Old 05-23-2017, 09:31 AM

Quote:
We cannot but Moderators might be able to.
Yeah I looked up vBulletin and a moderator should be able to do it so if one of the forum members is a moderator maybe he'll do it for me.
Old 05-23-2017, 03:00 PM

Should be an interesting project. My dad had boat with Twin I/O Volvo Penta engines. It came across the ocean and down through Canada. If I remember right it said something like Botved Boat company that was based in Sweden or Norway. It was a large old style cabin cruiser that slept eight people.
Old 05-23-2017, 03:19 PM

Like this. http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...act=mrc&uact=8

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: