Go Back   Knife Edge > RealFlight - Designer's Corner > RealFlight 7 - Designer's Corner
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Looking for technical support? Read this!

Old 05-26-2017, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by technoid View Post
Ah... I see we're having fun at my expense!

Just for that your RF-X privileges are revoked for 2 weeks.
OK , no RF-X for me. It's coming along faster than I thought actually.
Old 05-26-2017, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokeDad View Post
OK , no RF-X for me. It's coming along faster than I thought actually.
Yeah the rough-in phase (I call it) goes fairly quickly.Then all the tweaking and adding little things to make it right takes a long time. I haven't worked on it today, yet. I think it's about time to add the dummy engine parts and do the first pass of the physics. This isn't a model of a real plane so the boat itself is a simple balsa/plywood shell so it won't weigh very much. I need to look and see how I need to define the boat. I guess it's the fuselage but it's also a float so is there anything I need to do in the physics to set that up. I guess I'll look around for something like this and see how it's defined in the physics.

Last edited by technoid; 05-26-2017 at 07:53 PM.
Old 05-26-2017, 09:22 PM

Send a message via AIM to doug schluter
here is what i did for the Sikorsky 39 technoid i sent you the EA with the changes for float flying using the fuse as float and the swimmers , or small wing floats
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Fuse setup for float flying.jpg (301.4 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg Swimmer setup for float flying .jpg (269.9 KB, 9 views)
Old 05-27-2017, 09:49 AM

I thought I'd start working on the physics today but realized I needed to finish the collision mesh. Once I get a beta going I need to upload it to the RF-X Beta share thread, maybe the next update will have the water fixed and I'll have a seaplane ready for it. It's not much to look at but here's a picture of the collision mesh.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Techair Sea Cruise 05.jpg (72.2 KB, 9 views)

Last edited by technoid; 05-27-2017 at 09:52 AM.
Old 05-27-2017, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug schluter View Post
here is what i did for the Sikorsky 39 technoid i sent you the EA with the changes for float flying using the fuse as float and the swimmers , or small wing floats
Got it thanks that's just what I needed.
Old 05-27-2017, 08:11 PM

It fly's.. with Doug's help fixing the floats. Sometimes I can't see the forest for the trees. He sent me a sample plane and I missed some of the float settings, the important ones. Oh well that's why they pay Doug the big bucks. Anyway here's a shot of it flying. Lot's and lot's of work to do but I always get excited when a plane finally gets in the air. I don't have a rudder on it yet or land gear but it's nice to get that first flight. Everything on it needs work but I'll get there.

It needs a cabin with a couple of camera's to see it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Techair Sea Cruise 06.jpg (161.6 KB, 11 views)
Old 05-28-2017, 08:13 AM

I'm glad it's floating and flying . I know getting those settings just right for something to float and plane right in the water is tricky. I've dealt with it a few times on getting old water models working right in 7.5

Doug is a miracle worker some times.

Last edited by BrokeDad; 05-28-2017 at 08:15 AM.
Old 05-28-2017, 11:52 AM

Send a message via AIM to doug schluter
well guys i don't know about the big bucks , but when my 2 working brain cells click i get lucky at times and find the answer
Old 05-28-2017, 03:18 PM

The Seabus is really turning out to be a nice seaplane, I can't wait to fly it, boy you sure do nice work making new aircraft from scratch!
Ron
Old 05-28-2017, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron6234 View Post
The Seabus is really turning out to be a nice seaplane, I can't wait to fly it, boy you sure do nice work making new aircraft from scratch!
Ron
Thanks Ron. I'll upload a beta once I get a little further along for you to check out.
Old 05-29-2017, 11:31 AM

I've been flying some of the existing sea planes until we have a beta to tinker with. I have tomorrow off in addition to today. I hope everyone is having a great holiday. It's a little breezy out today for flying but I managed a few flights so far.

This same forum software runs on some of my other sites and on them editing the thread title can be done in advanced mode by the OP. I would think you can change it at any time technoid.
Old 05-29-2017, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokeDad View Post
I've been flying some of the existing sea planes until we have a beta to tinker with. I have tomorrow off in addition to today. I hope everyone is having a great holiday. It's a little breezy out today for flying but I managed a few flights so far.

This same forum software runs on some of my other sites and on them editing the thread title can be done in advanced mode by the OP. I would think you can change it at any time technoid.
When you're the owner of a thread there's a Thread Tools link when you're at the first post, but when I open it the only moderation item in the menu is Delete the Thread. Ha which I've used several times. Getting closer to a beta but not quite there I have a few items to take care of yet.
Old 06-01-2017, 02:09 AM

A little more progress to report. I did some work on the plane / boat and Doug did some work on the physics so it's flying really well now. But I still have several things to do before I want to upload a beta. So I'm getting there but a little slow this time. Here's a picture in RF showing the glass I just cut in. I've also done a bit of work on the cabin but not much. There's some problems so I haven't got as far as I'd like. So like I said it's coming a long but pretty slow. If you look close at the picture you can see one of the steering wheels inside. Both sides are there and they work with the flight controls.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Techair Sea Cruise 07.jpg (204.8 KB, 15 views)
Old 06-01-2017, 11:50 AM

Don't forget the life ring with SS Sea Cruise written on it Are you gonna give the boat part a wood look ?
Old 06-01-2017, 03:44 PM

Super job, It sure looks great,can't wait for your Beta, so I can fly it.
Ron

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: