Go Back   Knife Edge > RealFlight - Designer's Corner > RealFlight 7 - Designer's Corner
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Technical Support is available from Great Planes Software Support.

Old 06-01-2017, 04:17 PM

Looking great Technoid. You know what would be a neat feature, making the pontoons retractable to the wingtips, like on the Catalina. Just a thought
Old 06-01-2017, 06:11 PM

Thanks guys. I worked on it a lot today. I added the inside walls, floor, and a couple of seats. It's just a start I need to tweak the seats a bit they look a little smaller than I want and should be a bit lower, but I'll work on that after I finish a few other things I need to do. I also roughed in a dashboard but it won't be anything fancy just something decent. I'll admit I'm wearing down so spending so much time on modeling is slowing down. I don't think I'll do as much work on this plane as I planned to. I think maybe I'll get the beta going and then stop for a while. I'm finally wanting to work on my real rc plane so I better do that before it fades away again.

UT.. thanks for the idea on the floats but I think I'll be lucky to get the beta going before I stop for a while. We've had lots of stressful times with health issues recently and that takes a toll after a while.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Techair Sea Cruise 08.jpg (224.9 KB, 8 views)

Last edited by technoid; 06-01-2017 at 06:49 PM.
Old 06-01-2017, 07:43 PM

Technoid, you must take care of priorities first and foremost, so, take care of that. the floats were just a passing idea in my ever moving brain, that, I thought I`d pass on, No can do, no problem.
Old 06-01-2017, 08:19 PM

Just an option for retracting floats that may be easier.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg A different retracting float style.jpg (39.1 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg A different retracting float style 2.jpg (15.6 KB, 5 views)
Old 06-02-2017, 11:52 AM

Take care of the wife and yourself first and foremost. Just FYI there is a Windows 10 Creator Update out now. Be prepared to not use your PC for 30-60 minutes if you say yes to restart and install it. It's another total OS reload/rewrite.
Old 06-04-2017, 04:38 PM

Thanks guys I appreciate the kind comments. I'm starting to recover from so much stress during the last few weeks but it takes a little time to let stuff go. But as BrokeDad told me once this stuff seems to be therapy for me and he's probably right about that because most of the time working on a plane relaxes me. But recent events at home have been taking a toll so I'm glad things are starting to get better.

On another note I've been spending a lot of time on Sea Cruise and have a few shots to share with you showing the changes I made. There's a new wing and new booms so the look has changed some, for the better I think. The first wing was double tapered and the booms were rectangle to look like an extended version of the engine housing on a Cessna 310, but I could never get them to look like the picture I had in my mind so I decided to change both the wing and booms. I changed the wing to a constant cord and changed the booms to round which I think works pretty well together. I'll add a cowl later but give the picturess a look and see what you think. I also added a navigation light on the bow and a life ring on the side of the cabin. I'm getting close to releasing a beta but now quite there yet.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Techair Sea Cruise 10.jpg (130.9 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg Techair Sea Cruise 11.jpg (95.9 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg Techair Sea Cruise 12.jpg (98.8 KB, 13 views)
Old 06-04-2017, 06:59 PM

Looks unique and I like it.

Now it needs a chair in the center facing backwards to fish from and some fishing poles. The plane ride from that seat would be fun for sure.
Old 06-04-2017, 07:41 PM

Wow it sure looks great, I am glad that things at home are getting better and I wish you all the best
Ron
Old 06-04-2017, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by csgill75 View Post
Looks unique and I like it.

Now it needs a chair in the center facing backwards to fish from and some fishing poles. The plane ride from that seat would be fun for sure.
Thanks.. Yeah I was thinking the same thing about the chair and pole. And gotta have the ice chest for the cold ones.
Old 06-04-2017, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron6234 View Post
Wow it sure looks great, I am glad that things at home are getting better and I wish you all the best
Ron
Thanks Ron. It won't be long until you can try it out. Ha. Imagine doing loops with a guy sitting in the fishing seat in the back. Whoa there Nellie.
Old 06-05-2017, 09:18 AM

Looks wonderful ! And I get my life ring for when I sink it
Old 06-05-2017, 11:26 AM

Send a message via AIM to doug schluter
another excellent designed Ea technoid , i have just one point to mention is the lack of a step in the hull at or close to CG to make flying off the water easier , something to consider if its not to much work to change that is
Old 06-05-2017, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug schluter View Post
another excellent designed Ea technoid , i have just one point to mention is the lack of a step in the hull at or close to CG to make flying off the water easier , something to consider if its not to much work to change that is
I just sent you two versions.

Techair Sea Cruise ft

Techair Sea Cruise bk

So test the Step in front and back of the CG and let me know how they work for you. You can have both of them installed at the same time.
Old 06-05-2017, 08:20 PM

Send a message via AIM to doug schluter
Quote:
Originally Posted by technoid View Post
I just sent you two versions.

Techair Sea Cruise ft

Techair Sea Cruise bk

So test the Step in front and back of the CG and let me know how they work for you. You can have both of them installed at the same time.
ok good i'll do that right now and get back to you
Old 06-08-2017, 05:38 PM

beta?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: