Go Back   Knife Edge > RealFlight - Current Products > RF-X
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Technical Support is available from Great Planes Software Support.

Old 06-23-2017, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12oclockhigh View Post
You know it is not dead and it is not junk... both statements are trolling.

I expect an update, but I am not worried about it, nor am I upset waiting. The Knife Edge guys are reliable. It is just not the same product as RF7.5, nor do I expect it to be. I have no inside knowledge whatsoever.
So let me make sure I got this right. Repeating statements made to me personally by RF support is trolling? I did not say an update isn't on the way (I expect one is). But RF support won't make mention of it and denies knowing about one. So not keeping their core supporters informed to a small degree deserves a small stick in the side, to possibly wake them up. Which is what my statements have been. The squeaky wheel gets the grease. (sometimes)
Old 06-23-2017, 07:52 PM

Technoid,

What I said was not in reference to you or anything you said. The guy above made those trolling statements. I will not dignify his handle. Some people have no respect for the work of others. Sorry, I could have been more clear with my response. My apologies to you.

After all these years, I know better than to ask about an upcoming update. Knife Edge is absolutely tight about release information. Totally understandable in the software business.

Last edited by 12oclockhigh; 06-23-2017 at 07:57 PM.
Old 06-23-2017, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Technoid,

What I said was not in reference to you or anything you said. The guy above made those trolling statements. I will not dignify his handle. Some people have no respect for the work of others. Sorry, I could have been more clear with my response. My apologies to you.

After all these years, I know better than to ask about an upcoming update. Knife Edge is absolutely tight about release information. Totally understandable in the software business.
Okay cool.. no problem!

But I like to wake up the sleeping giant so I poke it with a stick, sometimes it works.. sometimes it doesn't.

But like legoman said, it's probably on the way the timing is about right. But I belong to the Microwave generation... I want it now!
Old 06-30-2017, 11:13 PM

Quote:
You know it is not dead and it is not junk... both statements are trolling.

I expect an update, but I am not worried about it, nor am I upset waiting. The Knife Edge guys are reliable. It is just not the same product as RF7.5, nor do I expect it to be. I have no inside knowledge whatsoever.
True, it is lacking from 7.5. But after 7 months of buying this I would expect at least some water for float flying and other improvements.
IMO this should have never been released when it did. The advertising of the product was quite pumped up. I worry that there will never be updates to bring the features 7.5 had.
Old 07-10-2017, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobma View Post
the KE crew most likely doesn't have the funds to have the updates you desire. Seeing how it's a flop so far they don't want to take any risks just to make you happy. Money talks and with slow sales of this product.. can you blame them?

of course you could blame them for the extremely deceptive system requirements.... that's for sure!
To be honest, I'm holding out for the first R/C flight sim company to add VR support. It's way over due and a perfect fit for the platform.
Old 07-11-2017, 09:14 AM

Thumbs up Don't fret .....

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSideofOZ View Post
To be honest, I'm holding out for the first R/C flight sim company to add VR support. It's way over due and a perfect fit for the platform.
It's already here and it's called CGM Next it's like RF 7.5 but in VR, works very well.

You can download it online and it uses your realflight controller.
Old 07-11-2017, 10:37 AM

At this point they've either given up or taken it back to the drawing board where the next "update" is going to be almost a total re-write which is why it's taking so long.
Old 07-11-2017, 09:35 PM

I've been pretty much inactive for a decade here and not flying for a couple of years in real life. This isn't what I wanted to see. Just got a new laptop and unfortunately running win 10 x64 means I've lost the ability to run G2 and some G3 addons. G4.5 seems okay so far. I was hoping to finally update from G4.5 some time this year. But if X is as broken as people are saying...
Old 07-11-2017, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy Yousef View Post
I've been pretty much inactive for a decade here and not flying for a couple of years in real life. This isn't what I wanted to see. Just got a new laptop and unfortunately running win 10 x64 means I've lost the ability to run G2 and some G3 addons. G4.5 seems okay so far. I was hoping to finally update from G4.5 some time this year. But if X is as broken as people are saying...
7.5 is still available and really great. I even bought a second copy.
Old 07-12-2017, 09:06 AM

I don't know but I think an update is due since there hasn't been one since March!!
Old 07-12-2017, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnyhad View Post
I don't know but I think an update is due since there hasn't been one since March!!
I agree one is certainly due.
Old 07-16-2017, 12:59 AM

I just can't understand why KE just can't tell us which features they are working on.

The days of secret silent updates finished with the advent of pre release style software.

We pay good money for RFX and many of us here have been with KE since the start and the reasonable people here know its still a work in progress but please, give us some information and something to look forward to please!

Is VR coming and when will we look forward to easier model and airfield sharing please ?

I enjoy RFX but there is so much potential for really great development and nothing is happening!
Old 07-18-2017, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokeDad View Post
7.5 is still available and really great. I even bought a second copy.
Can you tell me where to get hold of 7.5 with the Interlink Elite (mode 2)? Though I already own an Interlink Elite, I have just the one and it's almost 10 years old from my copy of G4.

I can see that 7.5 is not in stock at Tower Hobbies and says stock is expected "Late Sept". In Australia I can't get hold of it either and if I could it'd probably be with a Mode 1 controller and at almost double the price.

I'm not very positive at all about these developments with RF-X and it very much reminds me of the death of MS Flight Simulator. (Yes I know there's still a version on Steam and I know about Prepard3D, but the thriving community that once was is long gone)

Even if it's the last version of the sim I buy, I don't mind throwing a bit of cash KE's way after almost a decade, but only if I can get another controller. I do wish I could get RF G2 and G3 working on my latest Win 10 laptop. I kind of liked the differences in the dynamics especially with G2. It was less realistic but also harder where G3 onwards has always felt a little too easy even with tweaks, particularly for landings. I have everything but addons 3 working with G3. What's really annoying is i'm pretty sure it is just the addon 3 installer that is broken on Win 10 but the copy protection means you can't just drop in the addon files.

Perhaps that way I can still photograph and add my next flying field.
Old 07-18-2017, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy Yousef View Post
Can you tell me where to get hold of 7.5 with the Interlink Elite (mode 2)? Though I already own an Interlink Elite, I have just the one and it's almost 10 years old from my copy of G4.

I can see that 7.5 is not in stock at Tower Hobbies and says stock is expected "Late Sept". In Australia I can't get hold of it either and if I could it'd probably be with a Mode 1 controller and at almost double the price.

I'm not very positive at all about these developments with RF-X and it very much reminds me of the death of MS Flight Simulator. (Yes I know there's still a version on Steam and I know about Prepard3D, but the thriving community that once was is long gone)

Even if it's the last version of the sim I buy, I don't mind throwing a bit of cash KE's way after almost a decade, but only if I can get another controller. I do wish I could get RF G2 and G3 working on my latest Win 10 laptop. I kind of liked the differences in the dynamics especially with G2. It was less realistic but also harder where G3 onwards has always felt a little too easy even with tweaks, particularly for landings. I have everything but addons 3 working with G3. What's really annoying is i'm pretty sure it is just the addon 3 installer that is broken on Win 10 but the copy protection means you can't just drop in the addon files.

Perhaps that way I can still photograph and add my next flying field.
I just looked on Amazon and found RealFlight 7.5 with the Interlink so give that a try.
Old 07-18-2017, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flip View Post
I just looked on Amazon and found RealFlight 7.5 with the Interlink so give that a try.
Ok thanks I'll have a look.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: