Go Back   Knife Edge > RealFlight - Current Products > RF-X
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Technical Support is available from Great Planes Software Support.

Old 07-18-2017, 10:33 AM

Thumbs up Don't fret .....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy Yousef View Post
Can you tell me where to get hold of 7.5 with the Interlink Elite (mode 2)? Though I already own an Interlink Elite, I have just the one and it's almost 10 years old from my copy of G4.

I can see that 7.5 is not in stock at Tower Hobbies and says stock is expected "Late Sept". In Australia I can't get hold of it either and if I could it'd probably be with a Mode 1 controller and at almost double the price.

I'm not very positive at all about these developments with RF-X and it very much reminds me of the death of MS Flight Simulator. (Yes I know there's still a version on Steam and I know about Prepard3D, but the thriving community that once was is long gone)

Even if it's the last version of the sim I buy, I don't mind throwing a bit of cash KE's way after almost a decade, but only if I can get another controller. I do wish I could get RF G2 and G3 working on my latest Win 10 laptop. I kind of liked the differences in the dynamics especially with G2. It was less realistic but also harder where G3 onwards has always felt a little too easy even with tweaks, particularly for landings. I have everything but addons 3 working with G3. What's really annoying is i'm pretty sure it is just the addon 3 installer that is broken on Win 10 but the copy protection means you can't just drop in the addon files.

Perhaps that way I can still photograph and add my next flying field.

Look RFX is a superior software to 7.5 in many ways and I use both RFX and 7.5.

I think it is not correct to compare it to MSFS as RFX uses a generic 3d modelling code but they need to tweek it for RC flight sim. For what it is and with the right hardware it is awesome but there is so much potential. I love it but I also know it could be so much more awesome. If you love RC and you have the hardware buy it, you wont regret it unless you don't have up to date hardwatre...
Old 07-18-2017, 12:00 PM

I have a question but I'm not trolling I just need some opinions. I'm a long time forum watcher (years) and visit often so my question is an honest inquiry into what's happened here. I've watched the forum go from lots of people talking about different things to almost nothing recently and to be honest the timing seems like the release of RF-X. At first there was lots of talk pro and con but after the firestorm was over it seems like the posting everywhere on the forum has dropped off drastically, like people don't care anymore. I don't want to add anything to the problems so I won't give any personal feelings about RF-X, beyond yes I do own the full version of it, but just ask why everything on the forum seems to be dying. I normally come here to see what's going on and to read about the custom content being developed but even that seems to be dying out. So it seems like everyone was disappointed with RF-X and after two updates didn't help as much as wanted the place now seems deserted in all areas, both 7.5 and RF-X. I'd really like to see this place recover but even the people that always posted seems to have left and rarely post these days. I know I wasn't involved but the forum was an interesting place to visit and I don't what to see it deserted. I guess I ask this question because my interest level is slowing down because there's nothing much to read here anymore and I wanted to at least say Hi to everyone and thank you for what it used to be.

So to me it seems like everyone was so excited about the next version of RealFlight coming out it kept the place buzzing but when it got here it was so disappointing people just left when it wasn't updated to run as well as they wanted. So what do you think happened? Something happened.

Sorry to be a lurker but I enjoy reading the forum and wanted to say Hi before going back to watching. It's hard to watch something you enjoy dying out.

I guess one last thing. Why hasn't anyone started developing for RF-X? Some new planes would create new interest. I can't say how others feel but it's the new planes that keep me coming back. Once you fly a plane for a while you need something new to keep your interest level peaked. Whether it's new planes from the KnifeEdge designers or someone on the forum I think RF-X needs more planes and fields. I guess I'll add that I like watercraft, so add me to the list.
Old 07-18-2017, 10:37 PM

The import tool is still a beta. There are a couple of people who create content, but there are many who are waiting for RF-X to mature further.
Old 07-19-2017, 11:55 PM

flip

Ha.. Judging from the number of replies you got you seem to be right about posting in the forums slowing down. Actually I've noticed the same thing. I'm one of the few developers left but my planes are my own design so they're not as popular on the swap pages as war birds and civilian aircraft. But I did just release a plane that can be flown in RF 6.5, 7.5, and RF-X. And I did convert some of my planes for RF-X and put them on the RF-X beta swap forum for a while but removed them because they didn't look as good in RF-X as they did in RF 7.5. But my latest plane looks pretty good in RF-X and once they add a water field it should work pretty well.

I'd venture to say there's plenty of people that drop by to read the forum but don't post so don't be sorry about just reading, but now since you've posted drop back and visit again we can always use a new forum member.
Old 07-20-2017, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by csgill75 View Post
The import tool is still a beta. There are a couple of people who create content, but there are many who are waiting for RF-X to mature further.
Speaking about new planes for RF-X what are your plans now days? I was really excited to see you might do that.
Old 07-20-2017, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by technoid View Post
Speaking about new planes for RF-X what are your plans now days? I was really excited to see you might do that.
It's in the back of my mind, I'm working 10 hour shifts 6 days a week right now, once things slow down I will get back to it. I just reloaded windows 10 with the new build and I now have to install everything back into the computer. The only thing installed right now is RF-X because the disk was on the desk and my Microsoft office.
Old 07-20-2017, 07:50 PM

Quote:
It's in the back of my mind, I'm working 10 hour shifts 6 days a week right now, once things slow down I will get back to it. I just reloaded windows 10 with the new build and I now have to install everything back into the computer. The only thing installed right now is RF-X because the disk was on the desk and my Microsoft office.
Okay... cool, thanks! (60 hour weeks make you tired)
Old 07-20-2017, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by technoid View Post
Okay... cool, thanks! (60 hour weeks make you tired)
I'm really doing it for the $$$$ . My wife's health has improved so now I get to catch up on everything including working my butt off
Old 07-20-2017, 08:22 PM

Quote:
I'm really doing it for the $$$$ . My wife's health has improved so now I get to catch up on everything including working my butt off
Well it's certainly great to hear your wife's health has improved. Tell her Hi from us!
Old 07-22-2017, 01:13 PM

They have reported on RC Groups that they have been sold to a Canadian group. I wonder what, if anything, this means to Knife Edge. Maybe some of the cash Jim Bourke made will land here in support of upgrades. No matter what, way to go Jim.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...f-RCGroups-com
Old 07-22-2017, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12oclockhigh View Post
They have reported on RC Groups that they have been sold to a Canadian group. I wonder what, if anything, this means to Knife Edge. Maybe some of the cash Jim Bourke made will land here in support of upgrades. No matter what, way to go Jim.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...f-RCGroups-com
It also included the sale of Helifreak as well.

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=786997

"Dear R/C-er,

I am very pleased to announce that I've sold this website to Web Site Acquisition Inc., a subsidiary of VerticalScope Inc. I'm delighted to hand over to them a vibrant community and enthusiastic, capable staff. I look forward to enjoying this site as a user from now on.

I founded this company 21 years ago with a dream that it could one day grow to what it has become. Everyone who builds hopes that their work will be appreciated, and I've been rewarded beyond my wildest expectations. Thank you so much for your enthusiasm and friendship.

Yours truly,
Jim Bourke"
Old 07-22-2017, 03:58 PM

Did he sell KnifeEdge too?
Old 07-22-2017, 06:10 PM

Nothing has been said about Knife Edge
Old 07-26-2017, 06:49 AM

wow, changes in the RC world. Dang where is any info about RF X . We're due for something???
long time no hear nothing ???
Old 07-26-2017, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnyhad View Post
wow, changes in the RC world. Dang where is any info about RF X . We're due for something???
long time no hear nothing ???
In the back of my mind I always thought they were working on a really good update with lots of changes, both engine improvements and airfield additions. But recently I've started to worry about them with no news and then part of Jim's business being sold off. So what will happen to KnifeEdge? At this point it seems reasonable for them to say something about the business, is it sold waiting for the paperwork to clear or will they continue working on RealFlight. But they never release anything until it's finished when a business sale happens I've been through that a few times when I worked, one day I was company A the next I was company B. Then shortly after that I'd loose my job when company B restructured or moved the operation.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: