Go Back   Knife Edge > RealFlight - Current Products > RealFlight 7
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Technical Support is available from Great Planes Software Support.

Old 07-07-2017, 05:28 AM

Using a Spectrum DXE

Hi to you all, can someone please advise if my Spectrum DXE will work through the elite controller, and how to set it up. I would like to use this radio in preparation for a real RC plane. Thanks for any replies
Dave
Old 07-07-2017, 07:12 PM

I do not have access to this radio... however, after reading the radio description on the sale websites, i am confident that it should be possible.

I refer you to the following thread... it explains how other Spektrum radios were set up for use with Real Flight. It should give you a good starting point. Good Luck.
http://www.knifeedge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30487
Old 07-11-2017, 11:13 AM

Thank you for the reply, I have the cable plugged into the interlink and the stereo jack end into my DXE. However I do not seem to be able to see it in the sim. To be honest I don't no what to do from here after plugging it in I make sure it is turned of then it makes a beep but after that I am clueless. It has a wireless trainer bind button on the right side, and a bind/panic/trainer button on the left. That's all I can tell anyone at this time

Last edited by menacegtr; 07-11-2017 at 11:20 AM.
Old 07-11-2017, 07:28 PM

Have you created a second controller in the software?
Old 07-13-2017, 04:41 AM

I have been able to get my radio to work now, i was not paying attention to making another transmitter. Anyway its all working now. Can i just ask is there a quick way to bring up the model after a crash quickly on my own transmitter, not sure what key would bring it back ready to fly again as i cannot do it pressing the interlinks red button. One final question, if i uncheck the dual rates software will i be able to use my own dual rate switch on the DXE? i know you don't no about this radio but i suppose i should ask would any spectrum be able to use its own dual rate switches. Sorry for noob question, i do not owen any actual rc models so am learning with RF 7.5 and phoenix 5,5 were i got the DXE from
Dave

Last edited by menacegtr; 07-13-2017 at 05:31 AM.
Old 07-13-2017, 03:05 PM

Field Radio Interface Help

Along with the link that 12oclockhigh provided;
You should also check out the Help Section, in the Main Menu (menu at the top of the program) Help>Radio Interface Help.

The Reset Button isn't a channel, its a interface Feature, so you cant program it into your controller.
To reset your aircraft, after a crash, you can also hit the Space Bar on the keyboard.
Note: Your interface has a reset button on it. You’ll need to press this button every time you "start up" RealFlight, so that it can validate the connection to your radio.
The First reset may have to come from the red button on the Interlink Elite. After that the space bar will work.

There is also an option, for "Automatic Reset" after a Crash.
In the Main Menu, Click: Simulation>Settings>Physics>Automatic Reset Delay (sec), (check out the description that comes up)
Then enter value.

To answer your Dual Rate Question refer to: Help>Radio Interface Help, for options.

If your New to RealFlight, I suggest you check out the sticky's at the top of the forum.
Sticky: Frequently Asked Questions - RF7.
Its like the RealFlight Cheat Sheet. Its loaded with Info everyone should get to know.

Last edited by adrenoline 60; 07-13-2017 at 05:40 PM.
Old 07-14-2017, 08:27 AM

Thanks for all help, i have my DXE all working no probs, hitting the spacebar works great. I just wanted to see what my field radio would be like on this sim. RF7.5 is geared towards the Interlink so from now i will be using it
Dave
Old 08-23-2017, 02:32 AM

I cannot acess to this radio.

Last edited by kristen090; 09-27-2017 at 10:01 AM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: