Go Back   Knife Edge > RealFlight - Designer's Corner > RealFlight 7 - Designer's Corner
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Looking for technical support? Read this!

Old 07-23-2017, 07:44 PM

The colors look just fine. I noticed you made some physics changes/improvements like the main wing incidence. It flies better now.
Old 07-23-2017, 08:30 PM

Colors are great, but what happened to the retracts landing gear does not work for me on 3 pos switch
Old 07-23-2017, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron6234 View Post
Colors are great, but what happened to the retracts landing gear does not work for me on 3 pos switch
They are still their if you add it back in. You will need to create a retract servo in the electronics, assign it's input to the channel you want it on, and link it to the gear in the physics. I did it. I believe he took it out as he plans to release it this way with fixed gear.
Old 07-23-2017, 09:27 PM

Send a message via AIM to doug schluter
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokeDad View Post
No big deal. I noticed you closed up the see though part of the wings in the updated version too. I'm just waiting to see what Doug says
8) looks good
Old 07-23-2017, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Sorry about that. The original plane didn't have retracts but I was planning to add them because I like them. But I built the plane sized to the plan and when I tried to add the retracts the tire was taller than the height of the boom so the tire stuck out quite a bit. Then when I made the booms taller it changed the look of the plane so I left them off. I wanted the retracts but I wanted to keep the original look of the plane. It's not a radical change I made the tires a little smaller and made the booms taller and rounded off the front of the booms because they stuck up after being resized. I guess it's not that bad it just changed the look enough I didn't use it. Here's before and after pictures of the change notice the tires are smaller in the second picture and the booms are quite a bit taller where they go through the wing, they just look a bit too tall for the look of the plane to me.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Boom Test 01.jpg (277.9 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg Boom Test 02.jpg (276.1 KB, 9 views)

Last edited by technoid; 07-23-2017 at 11:09 PM.
Old 07-23-2017, 11:31 PM

I get it I think. With the thicker booms you can have them fold back into them instead of into the wings like now right ?

Having fun screenshot:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ScreenShot1500868294.jpg (289.4 KB, 5 views)

Last edited by BrokeDad; 07-23-2017 at 11:54 PM.
Old 07-24-2017, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokeDad View Post
I get it I think. With the thicker booms you can have them fold back into them instead of into the wings like now right ?

Having fun screenshot:
Yes I always intended to fold them straight back into the booms like a P-38. I did try them both ways but folding them sideways like a normal plane with twin booms just looked wrong to me. And folding them sideways would make me move the booms further out on the wings which I didn't like. So to me leaving off the retracts was the best thing to do for this plane. Without twin booms I would have put them like normal, folding sideways.. but with the booms that looked wrong. SO.. no retracts.
Old 07-24-2017, 09:27 AM

Thanks for the info about the retracts,I did not know all the work involved with the booms. I think the plane is great, the colors very nice and it flys very well.
Ron
Old 07-24-2017, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the info about the retracts,I did not know all the work involved with the booms. I think the plane is great, the colors very nice and it flys very well.
Ron
No problem I should have taken the physics out for the retracts before releasing the first beta. For even more changes see my next post.
Old 07-24-2017, 03:26 PM

Here's an early release for you guys. By that I mean I'll upload it to the swap pages Friday or Saturday but I wanted to share it with you first to see if you find any problems. As Doug already knows the only thing constant about me is the constant changes I make to what I'm doing, so I ended up changing a few things for the release. When I talked to David about his plane I told him I'd use his color scheme for the release so I changed the color back to white. I also made the covering opaque so you can't see the ribs anymore. I think the white and blue color scheme looks great but having transparency in the wing made it harder to see in the air, so I made the covering opaque. Other than that the plane is the same. So give it a try and let me know if you find something wrong. And remember you can change the main color (white) to any color you want by filling the TGA file with that color. But the blue stripes and red pin stripes can't be changed.

CONTROLS

Smoke: Channel 7
Flaps: Channel 6 rotary knob
Brakes: Activated by down elevator

CAMERAS

F4 - Plane Front
F5 - Plane Left
F6 - Plane Right

Thanks everyone for your help!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg La Donna 01.jpg (83.2 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg La Donna 03.jpg (110.9 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg La Donna 04.jpg (99.3 KB, 8 views)
Attached Files
File Type: rfx La Donna_EA.RFX (812.2 KB, 6 views)

Last edited by technoid; 07-24-2017 at 03:31 PM.
Old 07-24-2017, 04:52 PM

Grabbed it and testing.... I actually managed some outdoor real heli flights today
Old 07-24-2017, 06:16 PM

Just grabbed it, what a sleek looking aircraft, I really like flying it great job!
Old 07-24-2017, 08:06 PM

Send a message via AIM to doug schluter
i grabbed it too in case you did make a few changes 8)
Old 07-24-2017, 08:14 PM

I of course made up a nice La Donna XL
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ScreenShot1500941316.jpg (472.2 KB, 8 views)
Old 07-24-2017, 09:02 PM

Thanks guys I hope you enjoy it. Hopefully it's ready to release but let me know if you find anything wrong. I've been looking at plans and pictures of the Curtiss JN-4D Jenny. I don't know when I'll start on it but it's my next project.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: