Go Back   Knife Edge > RealFlight - Designer's Corner > RealFlight 7 - Designer's Corner
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Looking for technical support? Read this!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
  #676  
Old 09-17-2017, 07:00 PM
doug schluter's Avatar
doug schluter doug schluter is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,741
Send a message via AIM to doug schluter
no problem i added a few more physics things in a PM to you to change
Reply With Quote
  #677  
Old 09-18-2017, 12:02 PM
doug schluter's Avatar
doug schluter doug schluter is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,741
Send a message via AIM to doug schluter
i just uploaded the Canuck CS for technoids Curtiss JN4 Jenny version for those that want it

https://www.knifeedge.com/forums/dow...=file&id=23576

Last edited by doug schluter; 09-18-2017 at 12:14 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #678  
Old 09-18-2017, 07:57 PM
technoid's Avatar
technoid technoid is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: North Texas
Posts: 3,468
Quote:
Originally Posted by doug schluter View Post
i just uploaded the Canuck CS for technoids Curtiss JN4 Jenny version for those that want it

https://www.knifeedge.com/forums/dow...=file&id=23576
Had to have both.. grabbed it. Thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #679  
Old 09-19-2017, 05:10 AM
Fly_electric's Avatar
Fly_electric Fly_electric is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: N-Space side of all Charged Vacuum Emboitments
Posts: 1,243
Thumbs up

Nice work guys!
__________________
Rebuilding crashed planes one reset button push at a time..
Reply With Quote
  #680  
Old 09-19-2017, 11:56 AM
BrokeDad's Avatar
BrokeDad BrokeDad is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 920
I thought I'd share this here for now. This is a double sized version of the Jenny. I've incorporated many of the suggestions Doug has so kindly made as well as my own. It is meant to fly more like the real Jenny and not an RC model. If you want it more powerful I suggest you increase the actual propeller size and decrease the visual size (Doug mentioned this also). I have created a Custom 300CC Gas Engine for this. There is also an additional camera above the vertical tail fin.

The stall speed is 25mph so keep it above that on your landing approach.

Enjoy.
Attached Files
File Type: rfx Curtiss JN4-D2 Jenny 200_AV.RFX (1.95 MB, 7 views)
Reply With Quote
  #681  
Old 09-19-2017, 12:48 PM
technoid's Avatar
technoid technoid is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: North Texas
Posts: 3,468
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokeDad View Post
I thought I'd share this here for now. This is a double sized version of the Jenny. I've incorporated many of the suggestions Doug has so kindly made as well as my own. It is meant to fly more like the real Jenny and not an RC model. If you want it more powerful I suggest you increase the actual propeller size and decrease the visual size (Doug mentioned this also). I have created a Custom 300CC Gas Engine for this. There is also an additional camera above the vertical tail fin.

The stall speed is 25mph so keep it above that on your landing approach.

Enjoy.
I just grabbed it and will give it a try.

EDIT: I just flew it for a while and it's very nice, good job. Jenny sure looks cool that size you can really see it.

Last edited by technoid; 09-19-2017 at 01:06 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #682  
Old 09-20-2017, 04:29 PM
doug schluter's Avatar
doug schluter doug schluter is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,741
Send a message via AIM to doug schluter
i downloaded it and gave it a try as well it flys quite good for being at 200% BrokeDad , RF has a little trouble with that size and the physics judging by the large scale ones i have done , and others comments
Reply With Quote
  #683  
Old 09-23-2017, 08:27 PM
doug schluter's Avatar
doug schluter doug schluter is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,741
Send a message via AIM to doug schluter
figured i'd do my version of a U.S mail Color scheme for technoid's beautiful Jenny located here

https://www.knifeedge.com/forums/dow...=file&id=23588
Reply With Quote
  #684  
Old 09-24-2017, 01:53 AM
technoid's Avatar
technoid technoid is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: North Texas
Posts: 3,468
Quote:
Originally Posted by doug schluter View Post
figured i'd do my version of a U.S mail Color scheme for technoid's beautiful Jenny located here

https://www.knifeedge.com/forums/dow...=file&id=23588
I just grabbed it.. very nice, thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #685  
Old 09-24-2017, 07:10 AM
BrokeDad's Avatar
BrokeDad BrokeDad is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 920
Quote:
Originally Posted by doug schluter View Post
figured i'd do my version of a U.S mail Color scheme for technoid's beautiful Jenny located here

https://www.knifeedge.com/forums/dow...=file&id=23588
Thanks Doug .. got it last night before bedtime. It looks nice on the Jenny Monoplane

Attached Images
File Type: jpg ScreenShot1506214896.jpg (181.6 KB, 18 views)
Reply With Quote
  #686  
Old 09-24-2017, 08:17 PM
doug schluter's Avatar
doug schluter doug schluter is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,741
Send a message via AIM to doug schluter
haha Monoplane

i added the U.S Mail CS for technoid's excellent Curtiss JN4 EA located here below have fun with it

https://www.knifeedge.com/forums/dow...=file&id=23592
Reply With Quote
  #687  
Old 09-24-2017, 10:58 PM
technoid's Avatar
technoid technoid is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: North Texas
Posts: 3,468
Quote:
Originally Posted by doug schluter View Post
haha Monoplane

i added the U.S Mail CS for technoid's excellent Curtiss JN4 EA located here below have fun with it

https://www.knifeedge.com/forums/dow...=file&id=23592
I just grabbed it... thanks for another great CS it looks super!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:19 PM.