Go Back   Knife Edge > RealFlight - Current Products > RealFlight 7
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Looking for technical support? Read this!

Old 09-06-2017, 09:27 AM

Unhappy Custom screen resolution (2:1) ?

Hey guys,

i've a problem. Since RF7.5 uses a very old version of DirectX, i have a lot of trouble running it on my SurfaceBook with Windows 10. It works ok in Fullscreen Mode, but with wrong resolution and everytime, when i try to switch back from Fullscreen to Windowed mode, RF freezes. So, i am unable to access the advanced settings (such as model settings).

The other problem is that i am unable to specify the screen resoltion for my display. It suggest 3000x2000px because that is the native resolution. But RF runs not very smooth. So, i would like to specify 1500x1000px. Is there any way, i can specify a custom resolution by hand (ini-file, registry key, or something like that)?

best regards,
chris

P.S. @Knifeegde, i really would like to upgrade to RFX, but since i am not able to use my Models, this is currently no option.
Old 09-06-2017, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisTTian667 View Post
Hey guys,

i've a problem. Since RF7.5 uses a very old version of DirectX, i have a lot of trouble running it on my SurfaceBook with Windows 10. It works ok in Fullscreen Mode, but with wrong resolution and everytime, when i try to switch back from Fullscreen to Windowed mode, RF freezes. So, i am unable to access the advanced settings (such as model settings).

The other problem is that i am unable to specify the screen resoltion for my display. It suggest 3000x2000px because that is the native resolution. But RF runs not very smooth. So, i would like to specify 1500x1000px. Is there any way, i can specify a custom resolution by hand (ini-file, registry key, or something like that)?

best regards,
chris

P.S. @Knifeegde, i really would like to upgrade to RFX, but since i am not able to use my Models, this is currently no option.
I don't have the answer to your question but if you're planning to use RF-X on a SurfaceBook you need to know it takes a Very Strong Gaming Machine to run it so I don't think a SurfaceBook would work with it.
Old 09-06-2017, 07:51 PM

This may be nothing, when you installed RF7.5, did you install the DirectX 9 that was included with Real Flight? If not, you should. There are files included on the install disk that are not standard parts of DX9.

I would suggest using a more standard windows resolution ie 1024x768 to start and work it up from there.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: