Go Back   Knife Edge > RealFlight - Current Products > RF-X
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Technical Support is available from Great Planes Software Support.

Old 09-18-2017, 09:43 AM

Smile RF-X Frequently Asked Questions - FAQs

RF-X Frequently Asked Questions - FAQs

RF-X Frequently Asked Questions - FAQs

OK, I will try to moderate the significant questions here as I did in the prior versions...
Do Not Post Here, I will watch the forum and grab questions and answers. You should also look at the RF7 FAQ Section, even though it is a different program.

RF-X is an entirely new software package, so while many things that worked in older versions may work in the new version, you cannot count on it.

Q: DO EXPANSION PACK AND MEGA PACK AIRCRAFT WORK WITH RF-X?
A: Sadly, they do not. You are not able to import these aircraft into the new simulator. I am sure Knife Edge is working to add content for the new simulator.

Q: WHAT CONTROLLERS WORK WITH RF-X?
A: The controllers that worked with RF-7 will work with RF-X, However the RF-X controller(S) will not work with RF-7.

Q: HOW DO I OPEN THE CONSOLE AND USE THE COMMANDS
A: Open Console: Hold down both Control and Alt then press and release the tilde key (~)
You can display the built-in command list by typing; help. You can display the entire list of commands by typing; LS. You can close the console by typing; hide

Q: HOW DO I SEE MY FRAME RATES IN RF-X SIMULATOR?

A: To see the frame rate in the top right corner of the screen do this.

Open Console: Hold down both Control and Alt then press and release the tilde key (~)
Type the command: show_fps 1 and hit enter.
You can also use: show_fps 2 and hit enter to add min, max, avg to the screen display.
Exit console using the tilde key (~)
The show fps command doesn't stick, you have to enter it each time you start RF-X

Q:HOW DO I MAKE PHYSICS CHANGES TO THE MODELS LIKE WE DID IN RF-7.5?
There is a new vehicle editor (Planes/Helicopters/Multi-Rotors) and it is not contained within the RF-X software. Read more about it here:
http://www.knifeedge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32322
You can download the editor from the top of the RF-X forum.
You can also import aircraft designed for RF-X into the program using this feature.

Last edited by 12oclockhigh; 09-18-2017 at 09:46 AM.
Old 09-18-2017, 09:44 AM

Red face Please Do Not Post in This Thread..

Please Do Not Post in This Thread...
Start a question thread to get your answer. If it is a topic of repeated concern, I will link to it here or provide a quick answer.

Check out the RF7 forum to see how this works... we try to keep it to simple question and answers, moderated. You can be sure, I will grab good content, and add it here to help everyone.

Please Do Not Post in This Thread...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: