Go Back   Knife Edge > RealFlight - Designer's Corner > RealFlight 7 - Designer's Corner
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Technical Support is available from Great Planes Software Support.

Old 09-20-2017, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokeDad View Post
Well with only one seat you will have more triangles to design with. So why do I know it will still push near the 27K limit again ?
Because there's always:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yg5RgI2GeKk
Old 09-20-2017, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Well with only one seat you will have more triangles to design with. So why do I know it will still push near the 27K limit again ?
Well we'll see I was hoping this one would be lower, but you can never tell with me.
Old 09-20-2017, 05:08 PM

Quote:
I Don`t know if the gun and mount are going to be done ???? but they`ll eat some up. depending on the amount of detail.
Old 09-20-2017, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenoline 60 View Post
ah... who Me!
Old 09-20-2017, 06:07 PM

Just One More Thing

Sorry, had to do it!
Every time we thought, you did all you could do, with the resources you had to work with;
You went the extra yard, and managed to add, Just One More Thing. (a bunch of times)
Your Attention to detail, and Resourcefulness, always gets Great Results.
Just like Columbo!
Old 09-20-2017, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenoline 60 View Post
Sorry, had to do it!
Every time we thought, you did all you could do, with the resources you had to work with;
You went the extra yard, and managed to add, Just One More Thing. (a bunch of times)
Your Attention to detail, and Resourcefulness, always gets Great Results.
Just like Columbo!
Ha.. yeah I know what you mean. I started wondering if I'd ever stop. But once I added the Gas Gauge and then the Gas Cap I knew it was time to stop. And I'm sure glad I added those, once I added them I couldn't imagine releasing the Jenny without them
Old 09-20-2017, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle twist View Post
I Don`t know if the gun and mount are going to be done ???? but they`ll eat some up. depending on the amount of detail.
If you look at the write up from the US Air Force museum in my first post it says there was no armament and none of the pictures show any, so I wasn't planning to put the guns on it. I know the Facebook video showed guns but from the write-up it wasn't suppose to have any. So maybe someone can find something else, a picture or write-up that talks about it having armament?
Old 09-21-2017, 03:04 AM

I need to start a project for a friend tomorrow so I probably won't get much time to work on the plane but I worked on it tonight and finished the top wing. I normally start on the fuselage first but this time I thought I'd do the wings first because I used the wings from the Jenny as a template and resized and shaped them, so it made it much easier because the airfoil was already there. Then the bottom wing is basically the same as the top except the center cutout is different so that should make it fairly easy do next. Anyway here's a couple of renders for you.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Eberhart SE-5E Sport 05.jpg (317.5 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg Eberhart SE-5E Sport 06.jpg (52.9 KB, 12 views)
Old 09-21-2017, 09:55 AM

You know what happens when you say "Just that one next part"
Old 09-21-2017, 10:23 AM

Quote:
You know what happens when you say "Just that one next part"
No kidding.. see my next post!
Old 09-21-2017, 10:32 AM

Since I retired (read got older) I just don't move before a few cups of coffee in the morning so working on anything but sitting on my duff in front of the computer just doesn't happen. It's about 12 before I get moving so I guess that leaves me with some time to work on the plane after all. SO.. since it wasn't much to duplicate the top right wing, reshape it, and mirror it for the left side that's what I just did. So here's a render of both wings.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Eberhart SE-5E Sport 07.jpg (275.5 KB, 11 views)
Old 09-21-2017, 11:29 AM

By the end of next week you will have a roughed in version flying over the Island of Enchantment or whatever that field is called you like. Wanna bet ?
Old 09-21-2017, 12:33 PM

Quote:
By the end of next week you will have a roughed in version flying over the Island of Enchantment or whatever that field is called you like. Wanna bet ?
Hum.. possible I guess I have added one more part this morning, but it's time to stop now and work on my friends project.
Old 09-21-2017, 01:13 PM

Well like you said, there's always one more thing to do and since I wasn't planning on working on my other project till noon I went ahead and created the hstab. So one more render for you. Being able to reuse the wings from Jenny really helped get things going. So I guess I'll do the vstab next and the fuselage last this time.

But now it's time to stop and get going on my errands and my friends project. Which is a bit different so I'll share it with you. He's been given 3 months to a year to live and I used to do lots video work for the church and done several funerals and the video slideshows with music you see at funerals so he ask me to do one for him before he passed and gave me a bunch of pictures to use. So I need to scan them and get them cutout and resized for the slide show. Then I'll create the slide show once I get them all cutout and resized. But I have to say this is the first one I've done while the person was still here, so it's a bit different feeling doing it. He's a preacher friend of mine and I used to video his sermons and run a YouTube channel for him so it's not a fun project
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Eberhart SE-5E Sport 08.jpg (307.9 KB, 12 views)
Old 09-21-2017, 04:30 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Bill Stuntz
I suspect it might be more rewarding since he'll get to see and approve it.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: