Go Back   Knife Edge > RealFlight - Designer's Corner > RealFlight 7 - Designer's Corner
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Technical Support is available from Great Planes Software Support.

Old 09-21-2017, 04:47 PM

Send a message via AIM to doug schluter
good progress made already now i need to look for CS's for this build
Old 09-21-2017, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug schluter View Post
good progress made already now i need to look for CS's for this build
Let me know what you find there seems to be little about that plane available.
Old 09-21-2017, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Stuntz View Post
I suspect it might be more rewarding since he'll get to see and approve it.
Yes there is that. It will be nice to make him happy with it.
Old 09-21-2017, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by technoid View Post
Let me know what you find there seems to be little about that plane available.
yes i'm finding the same thing not much to go on but will keep looking
Old 09-22-2017, 12:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug schluter View Post
yes i'm finding the same thing not much to go on but will keep looking
I googled "Se-5a airplane color schemes", that was my best hit Doug, if you haven`t tried that yet. ?? I also tried "liveries" in place of "color schemes", that was less helpful.
Old 09-22-2017, 03:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle twist View Post
I googled "Se-5a airplane color schemes", that was my best hit Doug, if you haven`t tried that yet. ?? I also tried "liveries" in place of "color schemes", that was less helpful.
The trouble is that search is going to find color schemes for the British Royal Aircraft Factory SE-5a not the Eberhart SE-5E. Maybe it would be better if I just changed the model to that plane since it was the one actually used in the war, the Eberhart SE-5E was created after the war from parts shipped to the US from England.

So would that be better? Change the model from the Eberhart SE-5E to the Royal Aircraft Factory SE-5a? That way I could put the guns on and everything. I just tend to make American planes, but the Eberhart SE-5E is really the Royal Aircraft Factory SE-5a and that would open up quite a few color schemes and be a model most people would know. So you guys vote for which one you want either is fine with me. But it will still stay a sport version without the dihedral though.
Old 09-22-2017, 10:38 AM

Since it's not going to be exactly correct the name to me doesn't matter and neither does what CS is used. I'm not that particular. I just like flying and testing your models. The Jenny though was a masterpiece.
Old 09-22-2017, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokeDad View Post
Since it's not going to be exactly correct the name to me doesn't matter and neither does what CS is used. I'm not that particular. I just like flying and testing your models. The Jenny though was a masterpiece.
Yeah I know what you mean the flying is really why I create models I love flying them while I model them, but then again it seems wrong to use a British Fighters CS on an American Advanced Trainer, even if they are really the same plane. It's the incentive to make something real, even if the plane isn't scale. So I'm kind of leaning towards changing the name to open up lots of CS possibilities that follow that name. But I'll see how more people feel about it before I do anything because I have the real CS for the Eberhart SE-5E to use, it's everyone else that might want to do a CS for it.
Old 09-22-2017, 12:12 PM

I did the landing gear, tires, and the struts this morning so next is the fuselage. Then I can put all the parts together and make a plane, the fun part.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Eberhart SE-5E Sport 10.jpg (209.5 KB, 12 views)
Old 09-22-2017, 01:40 PM

Ok so maybe roughed in and flying BEFORE next weekend I still want a real life Lazy Eight Electric RC model to fly with my DX9. Somebody make me one to buy.

Last edited by BrokeDad; 09-22-2017 at 01:42 PM.
Old 09-22-2017, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by technoid View Post
The trouble is that search is going to find color schemes for the British Royal Aircraft Factory SE-5a not the Eberhart SE-5E. Maybe it would be better if I just changed the model to that plane since it was the one actually used in the war, the Eberhart SE-5E was created after the war from parts shipped to the US from England.

So would that be better? Change the model from the Eberhart SE-5E to the Royal Aircraft Factory SE-5a? That way I could put the guns on and everything. I just tend to make American planes, but the Eberhart SE-5E is really the Royal Aircraft Factory SE-5a and that would open up quite a few color schemes and be a model most people would know. So you guys vote for which one you want either is fine with me. But it will still stay a sport version without the dihedral though.
Well, if you really want it to be that correct, then, go with SE-5a, if you want to open up more CS`s....... you can still use the US CS on it. we won`t tell. . In all likelihood, there aren`t that many people that know the diff. between the two. .
Old 09-22-2017, 06:01 PM

I will go with the SE-5a for more color schemes

se
Old 09-22-2017, 06:15 PM

i think the SE-5a is a good choice for the choices in CS's as well , just not much i can find for the SE-5E , i have googled the SE5a as well uncle twist and same results
Old 09-22-2017, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokeDad View Post
Ok so maybe roughed in and flying BEFORE next weekend I still want a real life Lazy Eight Electric RC model to fly with my DX9. Somebody make me one to buy.
Lazy Eight is one of my favorite models, it started out to be a plane you laid down in to fly for the ultimate in-your-face experience as you flew. But that made it so thin it wasn't going to look right so I made it with a cockpit with a glass floor and totally open to get the same experience. But I keep wanting to go back and make a lay down version, and if RF-X ever gets to the point I think of it as a good simulator I'll probably do the lay down version for it. It does have a pretty cool place to fly in it just has too many rendering problems for me to move to it. But hopefully with this next update and the next generation NVidia graphics cards it will be there. I have to admit having 135 k triangles to work with would be really nice. But for now 7.5 is where it's at.
Old 09-22-2017, 08:27 PM

Okay it seems like the consensus is moving to the Royal Aircraft Factroy SE-5a is the best way to go so I'll change the name when I release the first beta. It does open up a lot more color schemes so it seems like a good move. Thanks guys for the input.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: