Go Back   Knife Edge > RealFlight - Current Products > RF-X
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Technical Support is available from Great Planes Software Support.

Old 09-30-2017, 10:12 PM

X disappointment

Well I just bought the X and must say it is truly underwhelming. None of my favorite fields from 6.5 are there. And they have been there since 3. And not being able to use imported aircraft is a real disappointment. I own and old Goldberg Eagle 2 and am changing it over to electric. I was flying it in 6.5 because I found a file of it on the swap pages. Now no more practicing on it unless I use 6.5. So why did I spend the 100 bucks.
Old 09-30-2017, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by apburner View Post
Well I just bought the X and must say it is truly underwhelming. None of my favorite fields from 6.5 are there. And they have been there since 3. And not being able to use imported aircraft is a real disappointment. I own and old Goldberg Eagle 2 and am changing it over to electric. I was flying it in 6.5 because I found a file of it on the swap pages. Now no more practicing on it unless I use 6.5. So why did I spend the 100 bucks.
Sorry to hear that apburner, not trying to be mean when I say this, BUT, that, and many other issues with X have been discussed in the forums, ever sense RFX came out, Thus, I never purchased it. You gotta keep up with the forums, and others opinions before you buy.
Old 10-01-2017, 06:29 AM

Don't feel too bad as you are not alone. I was able to recoup half my money selling it used since I couldn't send it back. I half expect the next "BIG" announcement to be it's available on Steam to get that last bit out of marketing it before any development ends.
Old 10-01-2017, 02:47 PM

Steam??? never say never, but Knife Edge has never gone with downloadable software.

Development Ending? We have recent news from the Knife Edge Owner telling of some unannounced great things coming. We don't know what, because that is the way Knife Edge has always done product development. I DO NOT SEE DEVELOPMENT ENDING.

This is about the time of year they drop new product on us. Stay tuned, it might make you happy.

Some planes can be imported into RF-X. There are requirements, such as collision meshes. Some planes will have to be recreated from scratch.
Old 10-01-2017, 05:41 PM

Uncle Twist, Not taken as mean at all. You are absolutely correct. However I have always bought real flight and never been disappointed. I figured that this would be just as good. I had the option of 7.5 or X and chose X because in my experience they have always done bigger and better. Bad decision. I also did not know about this forum until I had this problem because I have never had a need to look for it. Lol.
Old 10-01-2017, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by apburner View Post
Uncle Twist, Not taken as mean at all. You are absolutely correct. However I have always bought real flight and never been disappointed. I figured that this would be just as good. I had the option of 7.5 or X and chose X because in my experience they have always done bigger and better. Bad decision. I also did not know about this forum until I had this problem because I have never had a need to look for it. Lol.
HA..!! Well, I`ll have to admit, it took me awhile to learn of the existence of the forums as well. I have learned a ton from its members, (doing CS`s and one model) ever since RF3. X might be worth hanging onto (hope so, for all that made the plunge). ??? Only time will tell.
Old 10-08-2017, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12oclockhigh View Post

This is about the time of year they drop new product on us. Stay tuned, it might make you happy.
And if it doesn't give you what you want you only have to wait another year to be disappointed again.
Old 10-08-2017, 08:35 PM

Lots of fun at parties, are we?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheX View Post
And if it doesn't give you what you want you only have to wait another year to be disappointed again.
Old 10-09-2017, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12oclockhigh View Post
Lots of fun at parties, are we?
he makes a good point seeing how they are Liars when it came to the System Requirements. If it was a bigger product and sold Millions there would had been a class action suite, etc...... I do have a computer that will run it fine though... just waiting for the next RFX upgrade before I install it.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: