Go Back   Knife Edge > RealFlight - Current Products > RF-X
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Looking for technical support? Read this!

Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2017, 06:53 PM
Banned

Notice things have been really quiet on here. Yes we can wait for the update and it still will not have the main things that make earlier versions so great. Not to mention they cant even get close to running VR on RFX without having 2 1080ti's in sli and a 128gb's of ram and probably be marginal. Sorry, something is wrong in that picture

Realflight will never admit it and I know that some people on here really like it and I think that is great for them but as far as I am concerned the software SUCKS period. Never should have been made and I still don't know why it was and Jim had no answer either. Yes they wanted to try a different direction and drove right into a wall. Nothing like pissing off a loyal base, great business move.
Old 10-29-2017, 07:08 PM

I see that you are having a nice Sunday. Good to see you happy.
Old 10-29-2017, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12oclockhigh View Post
I see that you are having a nice Sunday. Good to see you happy.
I fell out of my Chair reading that!!!
Old 10-29-2017, 08:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by csgill75 View Post
I fell out of my Chair reading that!!!
I know it was a little over the top, sorry about that. I actually had a great day except for the freezing cold morning taking family pictures...

I will say though, I am sick of companies not owning up to mistakes or just plain poor products and up until RFX I could not have been happier with RealFlight believe it or not. I have tried many sims but RealFlight comes the closest.

I will keep beating that drum until they prove to the people that were bamboozled by the RFX specs and features that it is a quality product but so far I just cant see it.

Last edited by viperdriver5150; 10-29-2017 at 09:00 PM.
Old 10-30-2017, 01:01 PM

Your welcome

OK, guy seriously. I am sure that they get it. The message is well received. I wish guys would give them until the release of the update before beating the drum and boiling the oil. We have waited a long time, I agree. I also think that many of the problems would go away by reducing the resolution you are using. It is not a good solution, but it does work.

I don't think KE really knew how much computer power would be needed to accomplish the task of high res simming. It is overwhelming. I hope that they have come up with some optimizations. I am quite aware that I need to build a new high-end system to keep up. I am lucky this one has lasted as long as it has. I cannot wait to purchase the best graphics card available in about 6 months. The cost of the sim is nothing compared to that.
Old 10-30-2017, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by viperdriver5150 View Post
Notice things have been really quiet on here. Yes we can wait for the update and it still will not have the main things that make earlier versions so great. Not to mention they cant even get close to running VR on RFX without having 2 1080ti's in sli and a 128gb's of ram and probably be marginal. Sorry, something is wrong in that picture

Realflight will never admit it and I know that some people on here really like it and I think that is great for them but as far as I am concerned the software SUCKS period. Never should have been made and I still don't know why it was and Jim had no answer either. Yes they wanted to try a different direction and drove right into a wall. Nothing like pissing off a loyal base, great business move.
Well you seem pretty upset about this, do you have any interest in selling your RFX? If so I would be willing to buy it and allow you to escape your nightmare.

pm me,
mickster
Old 10-30-2017, 11:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickster View Post
Well you seem pretty upset about this, do you have any interest in selling your RFX? If so I would be willing to buy it and allow you to escape your nightmare.

pm me,
mickster
PM sent.

I am not sitting here stewing every evening pissed at the world. I do enjoy keeping companies honest when they ignore what brought them to the point they are at and sucker a bunch of people into buying into the latest and greatest and deliver what RFX is. It's a half baked program at best with minimum and optimal requirements that were so far off base its truly not even funny, and even look at the promotional videos before release, they made the aircraft and fields look like something we have never seen before. From their website "Upgraded graphics, driven by UNIGINE, render the world in detail refined down to the last blade of grass." thats just plain funny.

Fast forward 1 year and the NEW 3D fields look just as boring as the 7.5 3D fields, took away a lot of the airplanes and helis, no photo fields, no multiplayer and have released a whopping 2 updates that essentially did nothing except give us a grass field with absolutely nothing else in terms of visual stimulation just so you might have a chance of getting a decent frame rate.. State of the art it is not.

Don't sell us on the future of sims and then when things don't pan out go right back to the safety blanket.

Unparalleled physics make RealFlight the #1 RC flight simulator on the market I Agree
Simple, intuitive interface—zero learning curve, zero hassle Indifferent
Unprecedented, immersive graphics driven by UNIGINE Absolute Joke
Hone your drone flying with the most advanced simulations offered by RealFlight ever
Real-life flying locales like Wasserkuppe in Germany and the Castle in Calahorra Very Far From Realistic
Trees in all shades and shapes, humidity haze, sunlight glare—an experience as rich as real life Absolute BS
Fly without boundaries in the Sierra Nevada—8 million acres of soaring 8 Million Acres Of Nothing
Hone your FPV flying skills with intricate drone race courses as detailed as being at the field
Remastered flying sites like Joe's Garage bring nostalgic locales to new life You Have To Be Kidding
Tier-system game-like challenges to refine your flying skills

Even with RF 8, for gods sake send someone out with a camera and try obtaining a new background for photo fields because that fact you are milking the same photofields since 2008 shows that you are either incredibly lazy and will milk the old ones for every last cent or have zero creativity.

Last edited by viperdriver5150; 10-31-2017 at 12:10 AM.
Old 11-01-2017, 07:39 PM

Did your mommy drop you?
Old 11-01-2017, 08:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Did your mommy drop you?
Cmon 12 you have to do much better than that. Just try to say something negative about RFX I dare you. Lord knows there is an unlimited supply of things to pick apart... Let'er rip!! Or are you afraid you might lose your side income blowing sunshine up KnifeEdge's backside.
Old 11-01-2017, 10:13 PM

Strike 3
I have never ever received anything from anyone associated with any simulator software. I have paid retail pricing. Real Flight is the best available pc flight sim, bar none. They earned that comment.

I have not contributed much content and have not received any free copies of the RF software. If you cannot run RF-X, your hardware is to blame, not the software.

Last edited by 12oclockhigh; 11-01-2017 at 10:23 PM.
Old 11-01-2017, 10:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
Strike 3
I have never ever received anything from anyone associated with any simulator software. I have paid retail pricing. Real Flight is the best available pc flight sim, bar none. They earned that comment.

I have not contributed much content and have not received any free copies of the RF software. If you cannot run RF-X, your hardware is to blame, not the software.
I can run it but it still sucks...
Old 11-26-2017, 12:00 PM

Rfx

After adopting RF X early last year and upgrading my system to play it (after trying to work with Realflight support). Then realizing it was a fraction of the program 7.5 was, I went back and paid for the newest version of Phoenix and haven't looked back.
Old 11-26-2017, 12:01 PM

Speaking with my local hobby stores, they in the first time in their history took software returns. That in itself speaks volumes.
Old 11-26-2017, 08:19 PM

It sure does, it tells you a lot about the company being fair and honest with customers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkyh2o View Post
Speaking with my local hobby stores, they in the first time in their history took software returns. That in itself speaks volumes.
Old 11-27-2017, 03:34 PM

viperdriver5150 and 12oclockhigh

I lurk here all the time and it would be nice if both of you guys stopped this back and forth insulting and arguing it's really getting old. I think it's time for a moderator to step in both of you guys have broken the forum rules.

Quote:
jbourke
Knife Edge Software Owner

KNIFEEDGE.COM TERMS OF USE

any defamatory, indecent, obscene, harassing, violent or otherwise objectionable material.

Engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits anyone's use or enjoyment of any Knife Edge Software web site
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: