Go Back   Knife Edge > RealFlight - Current Products > RealFlight 8
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Looking for technical support? Read this!

Old 11-02-2017, 12:38 AM

My problem with X is not the hardware requirements they seem realisitc. I'll admit the average PC gamer expects higher frames and more pixels for their graphics card dollar.

My problem is the same desert enviroment everywhere, the "glass" like terrain texure, bumpiness, and Coefficient of Friction, the dead grass everywhere even the snow capped mountains, the inabilty to remove broken aircraft from RF-X, and the missing fuctionality we all assumed as standard
Old 11-02-2017, 01:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by viperdriver5150 View Post
You could not have been more wise to avoid this train wreck of a program (plus RF support) and I guarantee you that within a year there will be no RFX 2 but most likely there will be a RF9 and RF10 just to grab a few more bucks and still look EXACTLY like RF5 but who knows, maybe we can get a software update in the next year to fix RFX...YEAH RIGHT!
Well, Viper, all I can say is, ...wisdom comes with age and experience RFX could have been the cats meow for all knew. I`ve just learned to be patient, and wait things out for a little bit. For the most part, that way of thinking has served me well. I`m doing the same thing with RF8, It`s a wait and see, for me. My personnel opinion is that, that is the route that should have been taken to begin with. BUT, that`s just my opinion, nothing more, I`m not in their shoes. .Try not to be pessimistic, after all, RF8 has given modelers what they been asking for...for ages, more capacity to build their creations, that in itself, is a huge step in the right direction. RF9, RF10, bring it on, if that means making things better, I`m all for it. There`s always bumps in the road, in life and business, RFX was one of those bumps, they`ll smooth it out.
Old 11-02-2017, 07:31 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle twist View Post
Well, Viper, all I can say is, ...wisdom comes with age and experience RFX could have been the cats meow for all knew. I`ve just learned to be patient, and wait things out for a little bit. For the most part, that way of thinking has served me well. I`m doing the same thing with RF8, It`s a wait and see, for me. My personnel opinion is that, that is the route that should have been taken to begin with. BUT, that`s just my opinion, nothing more, I`m not in their shoes. .Try not to be pessimistic, after all, RF8 has given modelers what they been asking for...for ages, more capacity to build their creations, that in itself, is a huge step in the right direction. RF9, RF10, bring it on, if that means making things better, I`m all for it. There`s always bumps in the road, in life and business, RFX was one of those bumps, they`ll smooth it out.
Like many on here, I have been buying every copy since G2 and they have all been just fine so with the past track record there really shouldn't be an issue or at least one would think.
Old 11-02-2017, 09:16 AM

A rotten apple is still a rotten apple and RF-X has been SPOILING the barrel. Just how much time has to pass before the barrel is trash.
To many people who claim to be gamers and gadget addicts, claim to speak for all of us, time for the rest to stand up and be counted. RF-X is a used butt wipe, time has passed to flush it or get off the pot and FIX it so the rest of us that bought it will have what was supposed to be the CATS MEOW of all flight sims.
Old 11-02-2017, 08:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by U-Bird View Post
A rotten apple is still a rotten apple and RF-X has been SPOILING the barrel. Just how much time has to pass before the barrel is trash.
To many people who claim to be gamers and gadget addicts, claim to speak for all of us, time for the rest to stand up and be counted. RF-X is a used butt wipe, time has passed to flush it or get off the pot and FIX it so the rest of us that bought it will have what was supposed to be the CATS MEOW of all flight sims.
Get ready everyone.... I COULDN'T AGREE MORE.

RFX is not complete and probably never will be. I don't see them spending any more time on this sim other than releasing one more update to appease the irritated and it will become the forgotten step child from that point forward.
Old 11-02-2017, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Maybe it doesn't work for you. You need some serious Hardware to run it at its full potential. I get 120-130FPS in RF-X on the highest settings. I run at 1440p Resolution. RF8 on the other hand runs at 700-1100 fps same resolution and graphics settings. I would expect it to since its 8 year old software under the hood. At high Graphics adapter settings, both programs look good.

I have noticed some of your screenshots, the graphic settings are way low. jagged edges on things, It does not have to look like that and If that is how you were viewing RF-X, then I can see why it won't look good at all because it really doesn't look that good in RF8 at those settings. I took screenshots from both programs of the same aircraft, Edited for file size to fit within the 500kb limit of the forum. To me the RF-X aircraft looks better.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Sbach.jpg (488.3 KB, 41 views)
File Type: jpg ScreenShot1509670744.jpg (484.7 KB, 38 views)

Last edited by csgill75; 11-02-2017 at 09:17 PM.
Old 11-02-2017, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by csgill75 View Post
Maybe it doesn't work for you. You need some serious Hardware to run it at its full potential. I get 120-130FPS in RF-X on the highest settings. I run at 1440p Resolution. RF8 on the other hand runs at 700-1100 fps same resolution and graphics settings. I would expect it to since its 8 year old software under the hood. At high Graphics adapter settings, both programs look good.
Nice screen shots.. thanks! I forget what's your CPU?

120-130 FPS is very nice and at 1440p too!
Old 11-02-2017, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by technoid View Post
Nice screen shots.. thanks! I forget what's your CPU?

120-130 FPS is very nice and at 1440p too!
7700k at 4.8ghz. 16gb of 3200mhz DDR4 ram 500gb Samsung 960 m.2 SSD and the 1080ti. I am thinking about upgrading again when I get a VR set, only for RF-X. Possibly a 8700k setup and either a new video card or another one of the same. I wish Jim would let us know a ballpark of what we need for a good VR experience in X.
Old 11-03-2017, 08:13 AM

Drifting a bit off topic, non?

--"There are 10 kinds of people in the world - those that understand binary and those that don't."
Old 11-03-2017, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by csgill75 View Post
7700k at 4.8ghz. 16gb of 3200mhz DDR4 ram 500gb Samsung 960 m.2 SSD and the 1080ti. I am thinking about upgrading again when I get a VR set, only for RF-X. Possibly a 8700k setup and either a new video card or another one of the same. I wish Jim would let us know a ballpark of what we need for a good VR experience in X.
Thanks I have the 6700K at 4Ghz so the 4.8 would definitely help the frame rate some and of course the 1080ti increases it the most, but it's been my experience that a faster CPU is also needed for RF-X to get the frame rate up in more demanding areas. The 8700k is 6 cores but at a lower clock rate I recently read a review that said most games doesn't get a real frame rate improvement with the 8700k. So what's you thoughts on that.
Old 11-03-2017, 11:43 AM

So what does all this computer slobber have to do with just posting a RF-8 screenshot?????
Old 11-03-2017, 11:54 AM

Quote:
So what does all this computer slobber have to do with just posting a RF-8 screenshot?????
Nothing but a convenient place to do it people are often off topic in my build threads and it doesn't bother me so I assumed since we're all sort of a family here that was a common feeling for all of us posters.. sorry.
Old 11-03-2017, 04:53 PM

Cool RF-8 Screen Shots

OK.........I don't think I've ever felt like family, and you certainly have never made me feel like any kind of ..brother??
Old 11-03-2017, 06:43 PM

Quote:
OK.........I don't think I've ever felt like family, and you certainly have never made me feel like any kind of ..brother??
I think all of the people that post here often are a family of posters, things aren't perfect just like real families. I don't do scale, you love scale.. yes it has caused a bit of friction now and again. But I just let it go and keep moving Brother Bird.
Old 11-03-2017, 07:43 PM

Anyone who has been here a few years, I consider a regular, and believe that They can post anything about Realflight they want. The computer information is kinda important in regards to Realflight since the better the hardware, the better the simulators run. It would be nice to have a Off Topic forum here that we could chat about Stuff like this that loosely relates to Realflight.

To answer Technoid's question about the 8700K, take a look at some of the benchmarks I have listed. My 7700k has a mild Overclock to 4.8Ghz. The motherboard, a Asus Stirix Z270 Gaming has a Utility that does all the hard work for you. Had the lightening strike my Satellite dish a couple months later, I would of just purchased a 8700k system instead of this one for sure. I will probably end up keeping this one though for a couple years anyways...

Sorry U-Bird. I'll end this conversation about PC's here, and ask for an Off Topic Forum to be added.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: