Go Back   Knife Edge > RealFlight - Current Products > RealFlight 8
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Technical Support is available from Great Planes Software Support.

Old 12-05-2017, 04:32 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NigelR View Post
I am also getting poor performance in VR mode. I get 90 fps in photo airfields, but as soon as I go to 3D airfields it drops to 45fps.

If I check the machine load (in VR 3D Fields) using MSI Afterburner/Riva Tuner, the stats show that the graphics card is running below half load and the CPU is running at about 12%.

Is the VR performance being limited because RF8 is a single core/threaded application?

The machine is a AMD1700x(@3.6GHz)/GTX1080ti/16Gb ram, In RFX the GPU maxes out but again with a low CPU usage, in AccuRC the CPU usage is about 50% (4 cores in use).

Nigel
We expect better performance given your system specs. I wonder if AMD doesn't run our software as well as the competition?

We have a Ryzen laptop here in the office. It doesn't quite match yours for specs, but it should still be a good test. We will try it out when we get a chance.

In the meantime, is anyone else running on an AMD processor? We would like to hear your results.
Old 12-09-2017, 09:14 PM

Talking Smashing VR

I can say an I7 6700K Oc'd to an easy 4.6Ghz and a GTX 1080Ti OC edition with built in OC is smashing VR,

I have also gone totally wireless with the HTC Vive TPCast and the RF SLT wireless dongle and the cheappie TTX 810. This Radio is perfect to bash around in a sim.

This adds an amazing level of immersion that I only dreamt about months ago.

I cant wait to see what we can do with RFX in VR! Hurry up with the update please!

Thanks Ryan for the best SIMs
Old 12-16-2017, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Douglas View Post
In the meantime, is anyone else running on an AMD processor? We would like to hear your results.
I am running an AMD FX-8350 with a Radeon R9 290X. 2D works fine, of course, with FPS in the hundreds. When using the Oculus, I can't get to 90 FPS unless I set graphics quality to 'low' and VR quality to 'medium'.

Interestingly, the various Oculus games I have run well. and SteamVR gives a score of 6.9 with no frames below 90 FPS (see attachment). I would expect better performance than the i3-7100 and GTX 1050 Ti (that you posted here: https://www.knifeedge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32853) but it seems to not be the case.

Regards,

Joe
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SteamVR results.jpg (76.1 KB, 5 views)

Last edited by jgsteven; 12-16-2017 at 04:28 PM. Reason: Fixed attachment

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: