Go Back   Knife Edge > RealFlight - Current Products > RealFlight 8
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Technical Support is available from Great Planes Software Support.

Old 11-22-2017, 03:11 PM

RealFlight 8 with DX8 Gen2 and WS1000

I understand that with RF8 I can use the Spektrum WS1000 USB dongle bound to my DX8 Gen2 Tx and don't need an Interlink-X controller or any other interface gizmo; am I correct in this?

Can I do everything with this setup that I could do with the Interlink-X Controller?

Finally should the model type in the TX be Acro (Airplane) or Heli (Helicopter) with a Normal swashplate type. I want to fly Aircraft and Helicopters. I will be using the same setup for AccuRC 2 (Steam) and LiftOff (Steam).

I think the answers are Yes, Yes and Heli but just want to confirm before proceeding. I feel it might be better to set up the Tx model type at Acro and have the Sims do all the mixing, but Heli will enable heli functions in the Tx (Throttle Hold, Flight Modes for example)... so not sure how best to proceed.
Old 11-22-2017, 05:20 PM
Administrator

I have no experience with the dongle you mention, but what I can say is that if it looks like a game controller to Windows then it should work. You would just need to make sure the channels are mapped correctly in RealFlight (a one-time setup task). And since the DX8 is an 8-channel radio, you will have access to all the stock content features that are available at this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EtheAv8r View Post
Can I do everything with this setup that I could do with the Interlink-X Controller?
Everything? Well, no, not everything. I think you will find this post on the topic helpful.

As far as airplane vs. heli, etc., I encourage you to leave it in airplane mode and let RealFlight do the mixing for you. Things like throttle hold and flight mode selection will just work. You might even choose to use RealFlight's rates & expo settings. It would be easy since you have 8 channels. Please view the Radio Interface Help document (via RealFlight's Help menu) for more details!
Old 11-22-2017, 06:24 PM

Ryan

Thank you for a quick and useful reply, and the document the link pointed to has given me food for thought. The Spektrum WS1000 dongle is reported to work well on an RC Groups RealFlight 8 thread.

I used to have RealFlight G5.x but when the controller failed I went to Phoenix however I am not prepared to load an out of date DirectX version on my Windows 10 machine and am coming back to RealFlight with RF8, and maybe RF-X when I build my new PC in the New Year.

Wow I see RF8 is now available as a digital download, that is the way I shall go as it works out cheaper than buying the boxed DVD here in the U.K., and it is still not here in the shops yet. Excellent news.

Last edited by EtheAv8r; 11-22-2017 at 06:36 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: