Go Back   Knife Edge > RealFlight - Designer's Corner > RealFlight 8 - Designer's Corner
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Looking for technical support? Read this!

Old 11-30-2017, 06:32 PM

Can't add fin to flying wing model

When I use the drop down menu to add a vertical fin to the Airframe model, the option is missing from the menu.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1wo...sfR03isgbomB6U
Old 12-01-2017, 04:58 PM

I've helped Paul with this one - the trick to add a rudder using a wing with dihedral of 90 degrees isn't obvious when you first meet it :-)
Old 12-01-2017, 05:00 PM
Administrator

Are you talking about adding something like a vertical stabilizer, with or without a control surface? For that you would add a Wing component and give it an appropriate dihedral value (e.g., 90 deg) to attain the desired orientation.

Or are you talking specifically about the kind of vertical fin you would find on a helicopter? I believe the Fin component type is only available as a child of a Tail Rotor component.

As a "best practices" side note, we typically organize the tree of components such that each component is a child of the thing to which it is physically attached. Aside from the fuel tank or battery which is always attached to the airframe, that typically results in components nesting somewhere under a fuselage component, not being attached directly to the Airframe. (Note that in some designs there may be more than one fuselage.)
Old 12-01-2017, 05:00 PM
Administrator

Ah, overlapped!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: