Go Back   Knife Edge > RealFlight - Current Products > RealFlight 8
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Looking for technical support? Read this!

Old 12-02-2017, 12:07 AM

RealFlight RF8 Wireless Interface

I have just gone wireless with my HTC Vive headset and now I want to lose the RF interlink x tether.

I don't want use any of my real radios so I want to buy a cheapy to use with the SLT dongle.

Which is the best radio to buy to get the full 8 channels so you have the same functions as the RF X interlink?

Cheers people!
Old 12-02-2017, 06:16 AM

There aren't very many radios in the real world that use SLT protocol. You would probably be better off getting an OrangeRX FrSky based dongle for around $20 and picking up a cheap radio which will work with that.

Your other choices are the Spektrum WS-1000 dongle (DSMX/DSM2) or the OrangeRX DSMX/DSM2 dongle. For those of course you will need a radio with one of those protocols.

Just MHO on inexpensive wireless adapters.
Old 12-02-2017, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokeDad View Post
There aren't very many radios in the real world that use SLT protocol. You would probably be better off getting an OrangeRX FrSky based dongle for around $20 and picking up a cheap radio which will work with that.

Your other choices are the Spektrum WS-1000 dongle (DSMX/DSM2) or the OrangeRX DSMX/DSM2 dongle. For those of course you will need a radio with one of those protocols.

Just MHO on inexpensive wireless adapters.
Thanks for the feedback.
Do you know how many channels you get compared to the wired radio?
Old 12-03-2017, 06:00 AM

Using my DX9 and the OrangeRX dongle for it I get 8 channels. Right now I believe the only way to get more is to use the Interlink X controller. I'm hoping they can find a way to map keys for those channels for those of us who don't have one with the sliders.
Old 12-06-2017, 08:59 PM

Smile Thanks for your feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokeDad View Post
Using my DX9 and the OrangeRX dongle for it I get 8 channels. Right now I believe the only way to get more is to use the Interlink X controller. I'm hoping they can find a way to map keys for those channels for those of us who don't have one with the sliders.
Cheers mate

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: