Recent content by Bellah1z

1. Bellah1z

VR Implementation Entirely Unacceptable

I have a Vive pro and Rf9 is just barely acceptable in VR but you need to turn all the graphics right down and you still get what I call stuttering shadows unless you stick to 3d fields or the grass field. This is because it uses DX 9 as other sims I use such as Aerofly Rc8 are spectacular in VR...
  2. Bellah1z

I respect your opinion as VR is a bit like coriander ( Cilantro for my US mates) you either love it or it tastes like soap but your opinion sounds like you are making a statement of fact and in that case you are wrong. VR works very well for people that can afford the upgrade and don't get...
  3. Bellah1z

Well its becuase they are using a decades old Graphics API so I guess as long as people keep buying RF they wont bother as it's cheap compared to other more graphically advanced sims... I guess at some point they will lose enough fan base and users and they will be forced to update.
  4. Bellah1z

RF9.5 SteamVR FPS

It's like any Sim hobby you will find one never covers everything perfectly so you end up with two or three depending om what you want to do. I use Aerofly Rc8 and RF 9 and I still use RFX . RFX was what Realflight should have evolved into but it got all too hard with the developer as it was a...
  5. Bellah1z

RF9.5 SteamVR FPS

Yes this sim works very well in 2D and on my i9900K at 5.3 ghz and an rtx 2080 it works perfectly so its just VR is hopeless. This VR issue has been raised for a few years here with the developer but it seems they don't see any reason to upgrade the API as it works so well in 2D... I use...
  6. Bellah1z

RF9.5 SteamVR FPS

Sorry but the Software runs on a very old Graphics API called DX9, it hopeless and it does not matter what CPU you have or Graphics card you can not run it at anything other than less than 50 percent on graphics settings . Even then you get stuttering . I have given up as its simply awful for VR.
  7. Bellah1z

Acro FS - Coming Soon from Knife Edge Software

2 1/2 years and nothing more to say? ACro FS looks like it was based off of RFX.
  8. Bellah1z

Back to the Future

Well what's after RF 9.5, I guess it will be RF 10, back to the future I guess. RF 9.5 had 10 year old graphics and can't handle VR, it's a shame they gave up on RFX as we would be so much better off now than RF 9.5, What an absolute joke.
  9. Bellah1z

RealFlight 9.5

The elephant in the room with this upgrade is that the graphics API DX 9 isn't it? DX 9 is 10 years old and requires too many graphics callout for it to work efficiently or utilise more cores. This is why VR stutters as DX 9 simply is old and inefficient. This is just a marketing hype release...
  10. Bellah1z

RealFlight 9.5 is available now!

When are you going to use a modern graphics API so I can use VR without stuttering everyone in the flight sim world has moved to DX12 or Vulcan or at least DX11 and this software is still on DX 9.
  11. Bellah1z

Realflight Mobile

[ Yes I tried that in both the Aussie store and the US Store and it says no longer exists. I am a bit sad as I thought it worked pretty well on my Ipad when I was stuck travelling. Oh well back to Absolute RC.
  12. Bellah1z

Realflight Mobile

No Apple really don't allow you to keep the app executables as it all comes via the app store. I liked it and now its gone :cry:
  13. Bellah1z

Realflight Mobile

I do long haul travel flying and it was quite good on my Ipad and I bought the aircraft packs . I thought it was pretty good for what it was. When I bought new Ipad and phone I could not reinstall it so I guess it became incompatible with the newer versions of IOS. Anyway I would be happy to...
  14. Bellah1z

Realflight Mobile

Anyone notice that Realflight Mobile has disappeared from the Apple store? Went to reinstall it on my new iPhone 11 and it no longer exists. I also note that the forum has been merged with Realflight Basic. Not a word from Knifeedge just like RFX, you buy it they kill it.
  15. Bellah1z

Using the Orange Dongle with RF-X and a DX8 Gen1 Tx

Correct it will only work with Tactic wireless Dongle.