Recent content by DocJones

1. D

Flying newer planes in older versions

Thank you for your replies!
  2. D

So based on technoid's and legoman's comments...I can install BOTH versions (RF G5.5 and 9.5) on my laptop, and neither will interfere with the other because they have their own directories to store their aircraft...and I could launch both separately on my laptop, as long as I have the required...
  3. D

I hear what you are saying...but according to some other threads and other comments...with RF 9 and 9.5, other folks "recommend" uninstalling any other older versions. Since you have installed 3.5 to 8 on top of each other with no issues...that means I could do the same. But neither of us have...
  4. D

I'm finally up-grading to RF 9.5 from 5.5. I like some of the aircraft I have in 5.5 (self-made models and some original ones that aren't in 9.5). Do I need to "un-install" RF G5.5 completely from my laptop before I install 9.5, or can I just install 9.5 over 5.5 in hopes I can keep some of my...
  5. D

Thank you BrokeDad. Is there a "list" anywhere that has what planes come with what versions? The only reason I'm upgrading is to fly some newer E-flite electric planes in the sim that I don't have access to in G5.5. Mainly I want to fly: Aeroscout 1.1, T-28 Trojan 1.1, Turbo Timber 1.5, and...
  6. D

If I do decide to upgrade and get the version 9.5 (software only), can I still use the Futaba Interlink Elite transmitter I use with G5.5...or do I have to get the new Spektrum one that comes with 9.5?? I just want to be able to fly some of the new aircraft (Apprentice, Turbo Timber 1.5, etc)...
  7. D

Twelve O'clock high...thanks! (BTW...that was one of my FAVORITE series, with the great, late, Robert Lansing and the crew..."Well Whiley....(as he was blowing out smoke form 4 cigarettes in the cockpit while he was flying his B-17))"!!!! One other question I bet you know. If I do decide to...
  8. D

Thanks for your comments, Tom. Cheers!
  9. D

Marcus...thank you. I feel good about getting back into the hobby!
  10. D

Thanks...I'm returning to the hobby after about 15-20 yrs (recently retired and have ALOT of time on my hands now). Used to fly old, BIG Gassers (I had a 14' WS (each wing panel was 6' in the bag!), high wing that flew lazy and sporty. A tank of gas...I could fly HALF A DAY!! Donated her to...
  11. D

I have RF G5.5. Is it possible for me to download an airplane in the newer versions (say RF 8-9.5) like the Apprentice, Turbo Timber, or the Aeroscout into my program? Are they in the swap pages...haven't swam through all the G5.5 swaps looking for those aircraft. Thanks.