Recent content by jdouglasj

1. J

How does the real RC AH-1 Skyraider compare?

I have just ordered the Turbo Timber 1.5m!
  2. J

csgill75, You wrote: "It could be adjusted to fly like a Real RC aircraft" Thanks for the heads up. I enjoy flying it too much to want to make any adjustments. I guess what I really want is an RC manufacturer to adjust their plane to match the Swap pages physics of the Skyraider. ;)
  3. J

Perhaps my favorite plane to fly on RF9 is the AH-1 Skyraider. It's fun because it's lumbering (admittedly, the sound on RF9 is lumbering too, and I won't get that in the real thing). I prefer lumbering over snappy. So some questions... 1. Is there a Skyraider that flies like this, and if so...
  4. J

How do I set up mixing in RF9?

I know I need to set up mixing within RF9, and not on my radio. I want to mix in some down elevator when I go to full flaps. I selected Edit--->Edit Timber--->Radio I can see that Channel 6 are my flaps and channel 2 is my elevator. But I can't figure out how to mix. I tried messing around...
  5. J

Does anyone really enjoy thermaling on RF9?

I have not. I will give it a look. However, I don't think it's the plane. Hunting for thermals in real flying is fun and tricky. In RF9, you just fly towards an arrow. RF9 is great for planes because you can try all sorts of things that you probably wouldn't risk with your $400 plane. And it...
  6. J

Does anyone really enjoy thermaling on RF9?

I like RF9 with planes, but not so much with gliders. In real life, it's the reverse: I enjoy the gliders more. What do other glider pilots think? Are there any of you who enjoy flying gliders in RF9? Since I own a Radian and a Conscendo, I fly them in RF9 but they don't seem to thermal in RF9...
  7. J

Where can I find a Douglas DC-3?

Sorry for all the questions. If I move a stick or a switch while in that form, it displays the movement in the bar on the left hand side. But nothing happens when I push the button. So I scrolled down to where I saw "reset" and I clicked to assign input. But when I click the button the next...
  8. J

12 o'clock, yes, that got everything running more normally. I want the bind button to reset the plane, but I forget how to set that up...
  9. J

This is starting to get comical. Yes, I exited the program and came back. The engine works now but with the DC-3 only one engine is working. When I power up it just goes in circles now. Then I selected the Skyraider and the moment that plane appears both wheels fly off and all my ordinance hits...
  10. J

Okay, I deleted all my download files and deleted eveyrthing in RF9. Then I re-downloaded. Now I can see the plane. It still appears on screen with one wheel up and one wheel down, but the keyboard fixed that. I gave it full power, but now I can't get the plane moving. I could get the invisible...
  11. J

Why are some planes transparent?

Last night I downloaded a DC-3 and it appeared on my screen just fine, however, there were some other problems so I deleted it. Today I found out some workarounds to the problems so I downloaded it again. However, this time the plane is almost totally invisible. Sort of like Wonder Woman's...
  12. J

I deleted the previous plane and then downloaded. Since it shares the same engine with the Skyraider, I did not overwrite the engine on the re-download.
  13. J

I re-downloaded the plane, but now it's mostly transparent...
  14. J

Douglas A-1 Skyraider

There are a few RC Skyraider planes on the market. Which one flies most like this because I want one.
  15. J

No I just have a DX8. I tried every switch and knob. And it's not that one gear doesn't go up by itself, rather, it arrives on the runway with one up and one down...and the stairway open.