Recent content by pplace

1. pplace

RF-8 Screen Shots

No wonder I got sick of this forum....
  2. pplace

What would you like to see in RF7?

I do agree with that one aspect of combat this is a true to life event. I also know many people do that event (and full contact) at real world fields. However MY personal interests include scale planes, and warbirds.....non of which I'd streamer combat with!haha Thus, the reason that Jim...
  3. pplace

I'm not quoting this because I think it was aimed at me / or anyone in particular, but I will respond just to give my side / input to my thinking. I initially purchased the sim G3 back when I was getting more and more into the r/c hobby again. I used the sim very much to gain my finger memory...
  4. pplace

Sorry I forgot to add "I would assume" after typically. And yes I know assuming makes an a$$ out of u & me. I'll drop out of this conversation as it's already to the point of childish and very pointless.
  5. pplace

Sort of in a round about way I guess. Point is, new people to the hobby will typically purchase the sim once, whatever version they initially purchased 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 etc....... Typically they won't purchase any version after that, as most have no need for it.
  6. pplace

I'll move this over to this thread since Jim hinted at keeping the other thread "on track" I would disagree with you about the "general public" not knowing about the situations going on here. You are correct, they don't know....but the "situation" isn't stopping me from purchasing any...
  7. pplace

KEMax Exporter limits

That's the biggest problem right there. You are obviously very unhappy with the initial information about the changes for RF7 YET you (and others) fork over the money "just because" they want to stay current Yeah that really gives KE all the incentive in the world to do anything drastically...
  8. pplace

Partially completed model giveaway?

I really don't have the time, but I have a tiny urge to try it again. If anything I'll just play around in Wings for a while with no real intention to get something in the simulator.....maybe just try to hone up on my skills (or lack of)
  9. pplace

Thanks! Caudron as it sits in the screen shot is: 7856 Yak is: 8436 (just notice, this includes a complete "cockpit tub" sidewalls and floor)
  10. pplace

Just for my own curiosity, I'd like to see what the total poly count is on these models. However, I totally forgot how to find that figure in Wings3D. Does anyone here know how to do that? Actually does anyone here even use Wings3D to model anymore? Thanks
  11. pplace

It's been so long since I've modeled, I'd pretty much have to learn from scratch again.
  12. pplace

Yak 52 If anyone is interested in the Yak, I do have a bunch of "walk around" detail photos of it. I have a friend with one, which is why I initally started this model.
  13. pplace

Had a bit of a very unexpected surprise today. I was in the process of moving some furniture around in my computer room and behind / under the desk was a lost USB drive. I tossed it in the computer and found a buch of misc. pictures, etc. but the real surprise was a couple partial models I had...
  14. pplace

One on one training for building RF model

Good idea, and a very nice / generous offer you've made. I'd take you up on it, HOWEVER I don't have: 1. 3ds Max 2012 (have Max 8 or 9..been so long since I've modeld I don't even remember) 2. PhotoShop (not elements) (Have Corel) 3. RealFlight 6.5 (Have 4.5) 4. Skype with headset (Have a...
  15. pplace

Ghost Town....

Looking over the designer's corner and noticed this place has become a ghost town! Besides Doug's latest build, there hasn't been any real activity from any modelers.....has everyone called it quits, or are they just busy with summer? (It appears it's been quiet around here longer than that...