Recent content by technoid

1. technoid

Ugly Storm

They say the third times the charm so let's see if that works for this plane. I fixed the angle stripe problem on the Wings, VStab, and Canopy so here's another beta for you to try out. Hopefully all the issues are fixed but please let me know if you find anything. And thanks again for finding...
  2. technoid

Ugly Storm

I'm sure glad you guys were doing some CS work and caught these problem I only did the simple CS from the pictures I have so I wouldn't have caught this stuff before release. I was planning to do another CS of the standard plane that vortice-rc gave me but I wasn't going to do it before release...
  3. technoid

Ugly Storm

Anytime I do the angle stripe fix it's on both sides of the part so it should fix anything on that part and I did both wings and the vstab. From the ASJ's pictures it looks like there's a spot on the right side of canopy in the back too so I'll fix that next.
  4. technoid

Ugly Storm

I just finished the angle stripe fix for the wings and the vstab here's two picture of the areas from the first pictures I posted and all of the areas ASJ found should be fixed too because I did both sides of both parts. I also froze the plane in the are and looked really good all around it so I...
  5. technoid

Ugly Storm

Thanks for doing that I just finished doing the angle stripe fix on the wings and vstab and I always do both sides so all of that should be fixed now.
  6. technoid

Ugly Storm

I'll check that sound out, thanks. Yeah since this plane doesn't have much on it I didn't see these problems so it's good they're getting found now instead of after I release it.
  7. technoid

Ugly Storm

PilotAt6 and Doug Okay I found the problem for both of your reports it's what I've been calling the Angle Stripe Problem for a long time now because I can find it by putting angle stripes on the plane and see if they look right. This problem NEVER shows up in 3ds Max you can ONLY see it on the...
  8. technoid

Ugly Storm

You're talking about the mangled looking US on the Front Right Side of the VStab right? I'll go look at it right now, thanks for reporting it that's the stuff I need to hear.
  9. technoid

Ugly Storm

Interesting in RF8 if I'm a lot further away than you are I can see that area on the rudder but as I start zooming in it goes away quickly. Can you email me the CS you're working on so I can try it here? I'm going to look in 3ds Max and check how close the balsa layer is in that area. If it gets...
  10. technoid

Ugly Storm

Doug. Try moving the plane around a little and see if that area goes away. After I imported the plane in RF8 when I first opened the editor I could see that area but as I moved the plane around that area went away and there were areas that came and went as you moved the plane. My Spec Map Alpha...
  11. technoid

Ugly Storm

Here's what I see. Can you take a shot in a 3d field where you can get really close like the picture I did? Is that maybe the balsa layer showing through? I always wondered if different versions of RF would render it a little different. I guess you're on RF-8 I'll load the plane in my RF-8 and...
  12. technoid

Ugly Storm

Here's a new beta I added the spinner to the alpha layer so it will show up in gimp now, sorry about that. I thought I'd upload the new beta here instead of going back to the original post. I deleted the old beta there and added a comment about fixing an error in the TGA file and uploading a new...
  13. technoid

Ugly Storm

I just added the spinner to the ALPHA LAYER so it will show in GIMP now. I forgot what the part was but the same thing happened in another plane too. I think it was BrokeDad that told me about it that time. Anyway I fixed it and created a new beta and will upload it after this post, thanks again...
  14. technoid

Ugly Storm

Very cool CS.. Thanks !
  15. technoid

Ugly Storm

You're getting smarter all the time. <grin> It'll be interesting to see what you come up with on your n.tga file.