Airport Objects With Lights - Can I Create in Wings3d?

fgibson

I have searched the past several days for how to add lights to an airport object using Wings3d. Does anyone know if this is possible or can this only be done with Max? I haven't found anything helpful about lights in the KE tutorials. There are some Wings tutorials on making lamps but not on the light bulb that goes in the lamp. Any help appreciated.

fgibson

So right after I posted, I see that the ~CS_GLOW added to my FBX file works for illuminating the entire object. Now to figure out how to just light part of an object...

Boof69

Naming any set of polys "~CS_glow" will make them glow but only at night. There is also a ~CS_bulb that shows all the time and you can even set parameters to make them blink in sequences with one another.

fgibson

Thanks for the reply. I saw a screenshot of the parameters for blinking. It looked like that might be in Max? Not sure if it's possible to set parameters in Wings or in RF.

abaser

Thanks for the reply. I saw a screenshot of the parameters for blinking. It looked like that might be in Max? Not sure if it's possible to set parameters in Wings or in RF.
Are we talking nups? If there’s a way to set those parameters in wings I don’t know of it. I used wings for years and it’s basically just a modeling program. Nothing fancy gonna happen out of it.

fgibson

Are we talking nups? If there’s a way to set those parameters in wings I don’t know of it. I used wings for years and it’s basically just a modeling program. Nothing fancy gonna happen out of it.
That's what I thought. I don't really need the blinking at this point...and given where my modeling ability is, I guarantee you nothing fancy will come out of my Wings software !!

fgibson

Is there a list somewhere of all of the "~CS" commands?

Along with that, I also make a solid black TGA file with the object name followed by "_s". I assume this causes the tga file to be seen as a specular map. (?) This takes away the highly reflective surface that results from using FBS files converted from 3ds files exported from Wings.

Following the importing of an object. I go to the "AirportObjects" folder and delete the DDS file and add the black TGA file with "object name"_s. The next time I open an airport with that object, RF creates a new DDS file plus an "object name"_s.dds file. No more shiny object. Is there a list somewhere of these type of commands?