An-225 RF-X port

legoman

This is a 7.5 export with the mods to the landing gear to keep them from splattering across the runway on spawn. The springiness in the landing gear is also temporarily disabled until a future update to RF-X re adds the functionality of "single axis pivoting frame" (Springs).

Last edited:

technoid

I'm going to grab it to show support for people taking the time to create something for RF-X. It's extra work and the effort should be supported. Now if there was an RF-X swap page to put it on lots of people could see it. With the 7 planes I created for RF-X and this one that would be 8 planes on the RF-X Swap Pages, definitely enough to show the user base RF-X was being supported.

asj5547

This is a 7.5 export with the mods to the landing gear to keep them from splattering across the runway on spawn. The springiness in the landing gear is also temporarily disabled until a future update to RF-X re adds the functionality of "single axis pivoting frame" (Springs).

Pictures Taken by U-Bird
Thank you for the AN-225, this is a great airplane, I like the reverse thrusters, spoilers, extending flaps and giant scale, all in incredible detail. You are an extremely skilled modeller.
I experienced the occasional wheel separation on spawn in RF-X, only thing that fixed it for me was to increase the strength multiplier (set to 1500 max) on every landing gear leg, yes all 15 of them, I also changed the landing gear from "scale retracts" to "springy scale retracts"
I have also downloaded your DC-3 and Lancaster, lots of flying fun in Realflight - X.
Oh, my vote for your next build would be De Havilland Dragon Rapide or maybe a Short Sunderland flying boat.
Thanks again for all your hard work.

Last edited:

legoman

apparently in rf-x the 225 is actually 12th scale graphics flying with eight scale physics. So I will be deleting the file shortly and thread eventually

asj5547

The original AN-225 graphics was 150%, therefore RF-X automatically scales it down to 100%.
Your RF8 version is 100% graphics scale, does that have the graphics/physics problem in RF-X. ???

legoman

The original AN-225 graphics was 150%, therefore RF-X automatically scales it down to 100%.
Your RF8 version is 100% graphics scale, does that have the graphics/physics problem in RF-X. ???
no and I may actually post it instead of delete this thread. I did not realize that it reduced the size of the propellers as well