Can RF7.5 use planes that were designed on RF9

LanceMc

When I try to use a plane made with RF9 on my RF7.5, it produces an error and RF7.5 shuts down. Is there a way around this? Other than buying RF9 :)

abaser

There’s a way but you have to modify the kex manually. I don’t know how but others here do so maybe one of them will chime in.

technoid

There’s a way but you have to modify the kex manually. I don’t know how but others here do so maybe one of them will chime in.
That fix is only necessary for importing a plane created for a newer version of RealFlight in RF 6.5. Normally a plane created for RF-9 will import in RF 7.5. The import signature that RF 6.5 looks at rejects new versions but the modification abaser mentioned replaces the signature in the KEX file with the RF 6.5 signature so 6.5 will load the KEX file.

Can you post a picture of the error or the text in the error box and also what plane is it. Thanks

LanceMc

This is the error message I get.
This one of the planes that I have problems with:
Legacy Avation Bushmaster 120_EA
And, this is the other:
Extreme Flight 85in Extra 300 EXP_EA
Thanks for the help!Error Capture.PNG

technoid

I just imported the Extreme Flight 85in Extra 300 EXP_EA and I got the same error message so there must be a problem with the plane itself, so sorry that's about all I can do. I'd say try a few more planes most of the swap page planes do work in RF 7.5. I modeled an AJ Laser 230z 105" and 73" you might try, both of them fly pretty nice here's links to them.

AJ Laser 230z 105

https://www.knifeedge.com/forums/index.php?resources/aj-laser-230z-105_ea.23177/

AJ Laser 230z 73

https://www.knifeedge.com/forums/index.php?resources/aj-laser-230z-73_ea.23074/

LanceMc

Technoid, Thanks so much for your input! It is really appreciated! Also, thanks for the links to the 2 Lasers. I currently have the 56" 230z in my hanger, I fly it all the time. Your models are very realistic.

technoid

Technoid, Thanks so much for your input! It is really appreciated! Also, thanks for the links to the 2 Lasers. I currently have the 56" 230z in my hanger, I fly it all the time. Your models are very realistic.
No problem I was happy to help and thrilled to hear you think my planes fly realistic. The hard part of modeling, at least for me, is the fact I don't have the plane and have never flown one. But in my experience if you model the planes dimensions correctly and get the weight and balance right the plane will fly close to the real model. But it's always great to hear it turned out that way from a person with the plane. Thanks !