Cessna Citation Latitude Jet

doug schluter

another excellent Ea coming , the only one i can think of is Nizz , the GulfStream oops found 2 more ,dhk79 did the Leopard 4 , and EDFMAN did the E500 , your right though very few on the swaps

Last edited:

oneder

Banned
Well we will see how "excellent" it ends up being :D

I always start out with a 16 sided cylinder, then very quickly rough out the shape of the basic fuselage.

Attachments

abaser

So, what time tomorrow can we expect this one done?:p Just kidding of course, but you do quick, nice work. Glad to see you're still at it.

oneder

Banned
I put a mesh smooth modifier on the fuselage and its all set. Next I make a single wing, then make 8 copies of that wing and place and resize them to the various locations of the model.

Attachments

oneder

Banned
So, what time tomorrow can we expect this one done?:p Just kidding of course, but you do quick, nice work. Glad to see you're still at it.
No chance of that I'm afraid, a freind has my borrowed G6 for over a month now and I am hoping he brings it back soon:eek:

oneder

Banned
I make my cuts on the mesh for the cockpit framework and glass, these will be seperate objects for now till after painting is done.

Attachments

oneder

Banned
Tail group gets all of its refinements, cockpit glass is separated and made transparent. Triangles are approaching the 5k mark but haven't done any optimizing yet so I am sure that I will be fine. Limit is 18,500 right? I seriously forgot the limit:eek:

Attachments

oneder

Banned
Ok I made the engine mounts and roughed out the engines, model has been UV mapped and the colorscheme is underway. I always paint my models before I start on the landing gear. That way if I cant get it to fly right in the sim I only lose a couple hours work. You can always easily cut out gear doors on the painted model without affecting the colorscheme later. I will probably cut out the side windows, don't know yet.

Attachments

Last edited:

abaser

Tail group gets all of its refinements, cockpit glass is separated and made transparent. Triangles are approaching the 5k mark but haven't done any optimizing yet so I am sure that I will be fine. Limit is 18,500 right? I seriously forgot the limit:eek:
Its 20,000 with a max of 1500 for the c mesh. If you can do a 500 poly c mesh, you can go to 19,500 on your model.

oneder

Banned
Now the real paint job begins. I prefer to use paintshop pro over cs6, just has a much faster UI IMO. I open a new 4096x4096 tga and use the pen tool to quickly vectorize the graphics. I create a single vector then copy it and change color and reshape it. A simple colorscheme like this one can be done in about an hour using this method. I auto save a copy of the tga and a copy of the layered file while watching the 3D model update in real time on a second monitor in 3ds max.

Attachments

Last edited:

abaser

What would it take to get you to do a modeling tutorial? I'd love to watch you work sometime. Excellent job!!!