Das Bipe Stik

technoid

That's great of you. Most new pilots start using electric. Nitro prices are astronomical these days. I only keep one in my fleet which is the Hirobo Shuttle Plus 550.
No problem. I'm using the RimFire 50cc on it and here's what their website says about the prop so I'm using the same prop as the first version.

Propeller: 22 x 8 - 26 x 10 (due to the high torque and high RPM of this motor the use
of electric-only propellers is not recommended)

technoid

Oh.. Just so everyone knows. In the first version the spinner is paintable in the TGA file but the EP version has an Aluminum Spinner that uses Baked On Colors so the EP Spinner is NOT paintable. I forgot to remove the Spinner from the TGA file for the EP BETA I uploaded but I've removed it now so you won't see a Spinner in the EP TGA file when you get the released version.

Other than the Spinner in the EP version NOT being paintable both planes have the same mapping so a color scheme made for the first version will work just fine in the EP version but the Spinner Color in the TGA file will be ignored (so I'd remove it so it won't confuse anyone looking at your EP color scheme).

technoid

nice sounds will that be with the final bipe stik ep? 🙂
The sound profile that's on it now is what I'll be using on the release plane I think it's the closest sound RF has to what's in the video. The one I used to use is real quiet but then you can hardly hear the plane and an engine guy needs to hear something. I've been thinking I might do a fun fly plane next and it will be an EP. Maybe something like this but an EP version.

5851394162_53b7462795_o.jpg

technoid

there's certainly nothing wrong that I can notice with the electric motor on it now. I just now imported it finally and I'm flying it around now. woohoo! I guess I can warm up to electric. ☺
Yeah I'm an engine guy too. But now since you've flown it you can "hear" what I mean about the motor sound on the Das Bipe Stick EP being close to the sound of the one in the video. Like I said I used to use another EP sound profile that was very quiet but I changed to the one on the Das Bipe Stick EP so you can at least hear it flying and I like the high pitched prop sound. If you want try out my Stagger Sport EP for more very zippy electric sound on a very responsive plane.

space boy

I found this interesting old school plane from the 60s it's called Mustfire. What does it look like to you.

View attachment 125198View attachment 125199
it looks like... an aircraft of some sort!

okay seriously, it looks like the kind of plane that would catch your eye. it reminds me, somewhat, of the Trident plane you made. it's no doubt from the same time period, influenced by the same design elements.

finally, it's attractive!

doug schluter

i used to have tons of old magazines and that happens to be one of the mags i had , i picked them up from a swap meet back in mid 90's off and old guy when i sold my place i had to down size and all that stuff wound up in the recycle bin like 6 apple boxes full of old RC mags and many sets of plans

Last edited: