Das Bipe Stik

technoid

I resized and moved all the parts to the grid in 3ds max and created a template for the color scheme. Now I need to start a new color scheme because the new mapping is totally different. Then once I get some color on it I'll need to do the 1x1 mapping. So quite a bit of progress but still lots to do. Here's a picture of the mapping.

Das Bipe Stik 10.jpg

space boy

I resized and moved all the parts to the grid in 3ds max and created a template for the color scheme. Now I need to start a new color scheme because the new mapping is totally different. Once I get some color on it I'll need to do the 1x1 mapping. So quite a bit of progress but still lots to do. Here's a picture of the mapping.

View attachment 125034
As an added bonus, your awesome periodic updates are giving me insight into the process, for when I want to make an EA myself.

technoid

I started a color scheme using the new template and painted the main plane parts red. I haven't added any stripes yet but I did go back and remove the baked on colors for the wing struts, cabane struts, windscreen, and windscreen frame so now I can pant them any color I want. The first thing I did was get rid of the slight bluish color I used on the windscreen glass and made it look normal with a tiny bit of tint. These days I work a little and play my game a little so I think it's break time again. But I want to see the plane with all the stripes on it so I guess that's what I'll do next. It's getting there.

technoid

I added the stripe around the fuselage so I thought I'd upload a couple of pictures so space boy can see the color scheme as it takes shape. I haven't added any crossover stripes yet because I haven't done the 1x1 mapping and I can't do that until I go back and fix a mapping problem. I forgot to set the width of the polygons behind the ailerons so they're too wide but I'll take care of that next so I can do the 1x1 mapping. I developed a bad habit of making the color scheme before I do the 1x1 mapping and can't seem to break it.

Das Bipe Stik 12.jpgDas Bipe Stik 13.jpg