E-Flite Valiant 1.3 for RF8 HH Version

Ray10

Thanks, that will be super cool! I know there's a lot of Valiant flyers out there.

I'm a newbie of several weeks. I have the Apprentice 1.5, an Aerostar, and just took delivery of the E-Flite Valiant 1.3. (Funny, the Valiant wings are about as wide as the Apprentice!)

The FR8 HH edition comes with Apprentice, someone made an Aerostar .rfx, and kindly gimme a yell when you do the Valiant.

Thanks again,
Ray

BrokeDad

Thanks. Flies good. I changed the Parameter set to B so that it uses aileron and rudder when turning in the SAFE modes.

Ray10

D, I just put both into the HH sim. Great job! Your Valiant flies like a dream, I think it's as easy as the Apprentice S on the sim. Tried all 3 modes, flaps, truly terrific.
Thank you...
Ray

technoid

The Valiant is definitely a nice plane but it does need a few fixes you might think about doing and re-release it before it gets a lot of downloads. In the first tab of the physics (vehicle) in the Launch Method section select the right side and you'll get a drop down box then select 'From Water' for the Launch Method. There's also some shading issues on it that need to be fixed that detracts from the great plane it is. If you need help with the shading issues I can go over it for you if you send me the 3ds max file. Let me know if you want any help and I can send you a PM with my email address.

Ray10

Ha! I just tried the float version and found that it does not start from water on those fields (maybe one).
The regular wheeled version is good for me.

technoid

I appreciate the the offer. I always have trouble with the shading in MAX.

Don
Sure no problem I'll send a PM with my email.

OPPS.. Use 'Save As' to save the file as a MAX 2015 that's what I'm using I can't open the new versions.

Last edited:

technoid

Ha! I just tried the float version and found that it does not start from water on those fields (maybe one).
The regular wheeled version is good for me.
I usually fly float planes at Alpine Lake I didn't think to try it on anything else.

It's a great plane I love it. My comments were only meant to help you catch some things that would make it better because I want to fly.

Ray10

I usually fly float planes at Alpine Lake I didn't think to try it on anything else.

It's a great plane I love it. My comments were only meant to help you catch some things that would make it better because I want to fly.
I'm a newbie, but I followed your instructions (first time to look at the editing!) and fixed the float plane. In the water now...it was hell before trying to get it off the wooden dock, lol! Many thanks...BTW, I can't wait to take mine to the flying field. I'm thinking it's gonna fly as easy as my Apprentice S.

technoid

I'm a newbie, but I followed your instructions (first time to look at the editing!) and fixed the float plane. In the water now...it was hell before trying to get it off the wooden dock, lol! Many thanks...BTW, I can't wait to take mine to the flying field. I'm thinking it's gonna fly as easy as my Apprentice S.
Cool deal I'm glad you got it sorted out, a very cool plane.

Jstin

I’m a newby that has a Valiant waiting to be maidened. I just got RF9 only to be disappointed there’s no Valiant. How do I load it?

BrokeDad

Just FYI there are some issues with the color schemes on the Valiant models depending on how and what order you import them. You can end up with errors and no valid colorscheme.