F-111 build thread

legoman

With the F-111 having won the last build poll I am starting its build thread. As much as I would like to build the F-111A like the one in the pictures below. I have done some flight testing and the bomb load drags the fps way too low with the physics load. So i will probobly end up making an EF-111 raven with drop tanks unless everyone is like do some other one instead.
f-111-aardvark-bomber-underwood-archives.jpg1558874323553.png

technoid

When I was in the Air Force I had a chance to volunteer to work on the F-111 but they said there would be tons of overtime and travel and I was married so I didn't do it.

I'll like any of the F-111's you want to do. A cool plane !

uncle twist

Looking forward to the build Legoman.... the EF-111 raven is fine with me..... do you have a CS in mind...???

Last edited:

uncle twist

Ha, I can only imagine what the designers of the real jet were going through, must have been nothing less than mind boggling getting all the physics figured out in whatever configuration the plane was at/in...and still make/keep it flyable....SO, you`re in the same boat I guess, only doing it in a sim. BUT, IMHO, you`ve always been great at figuring those kind of things out......Gotta ask, is that a "mass" (red cube) I see in the fuse, that I`m assuming will move with the wing sweeping forward or backward...???

legoman

Ha, I can only imagine what the designers of the real jet were going through, must have been nothing less than mind boggling getting all the physics figured out in whatever configuration the plane was at/in...and still make/keep it flyable....SO, you`re in the same boat I guess, only doing it in a sim. BUT, IMHO, you`ve always been great at figuring those kind of things out......Gotta ask, is that a "mass" (red cube) I see in the fuse, that I`m assuming will move with the wing sweeping forward or backward...???
The red cube is the fuel tank (6 gal). the only thing that moves is the wing only slight trim is adjusted. Note the aircaft I have been tuning is the long winged version the EF-111 raven is a short wing version

uncle twist

AHH OK,....I`ll have to look into the two diff. versions just for general info. on my part, I wasn`t aware that there were two versions regarding the wingspans......SO, I`m a little confused though, what version are you making..?? I thought you were doing the EF...did you change your mind..???

legoman

AHH OK,....I`ll have to look into the two diff. versions just for general info. on my part, I wasn`t aware that there were two versions regarding the wingspans......SO, I`m a little confused though, what version are you making..?? I thought you were doing the EF...did you change your mind..???
the long winged version was devloped for the navy (F-111B) which is a huge story. I am was origionally planing on the F-111 loaded with bombs like the first picture but since it was draging my fps<60 and lower at higher speeds. Which seemed to be a long wing version. the EF-111 raven is based on the F-111A. there is also a couple of different intakes over the years. I do think I am going to do the EF-111 but if there is a enough demand.

Short winggeneral-dynamics-f-111e.png

Long wing

general-dynamics-f-111b-aardwark.png