F-111 build thread

uncle twist

Nice....Will it have a parachute..??? I ask because there is a para-glider in RF somewhere, so it is possible perhaps in some way...

uncle twist

yes a round parachute. I have seen the para-glider and do remember it used a wing
OK, so that begs the question, How will the chute be deployed/shown, when the pod is ejected from the fuselage....will that happen with just a flip of the/a switch...???....just curious......

legoman

OK, so that begs the question, How will the chute be deployed/shown, when the pod is ejected from the fuselage....will that happen with just a flip of the/a switch...???....just curious......
This is an example of what I`m referring too, what will we be expected to see....?????.......
most likely flip a switch to "fire the boosters" and the rest will be on a timer for the airbags and parachute

PilotAt6

I sure wish RF had more graphics "editing add(s)" that could be applied such as parachutes and afterburner "flames" (cone shaped) as seen in the above video, lights you could turn on/off ….. etc.

Many planes have a parachute for slowing the plane down after landing … would be nice to be able to simulate that easily.

legoman

I sure wish RF had more graphics "editing add(s)" that could be applied such as parachutes and afterburner "flames" (cone shaped) as seen in the above video, lights you could turn on/off ….. etc.

Many planes have a parachute for slowing the plane down after landing … would be nice to be able to simulate that easily.
I would love more graphical adds like parachutes. I have looked at after burner graphics and have a video below of what I have done. but after burners are so inefficient in pounds(Newtons) of thrust to volume of fuel. typically 4x the engine ratio lb per ounce. example ( a 66 pound of thrust engine (300 newton) p-300 jetcat would 33 oz per minute (1 Lpm) where as a after burner making 66 pounds would burn over a130 fl.oz. a minute (4 Lpm).

"lights" in realflight are do able if you are happy with glow in the dark paint. but usually I am tried of the build and just want to be done when it come to that point in the build to add them. although I have something like the attached photo conceptually designed in my head but have never implemented it yet. it would not light the ground up tho

2020-08-28 15_21_48-rc night flying lights - Google Search and 2 more pages - Profile 1 - Micr...jpg

PilotAt6

legoman Replied: "I have looked at after burner graphics and have a video below of what I have done."

That video of afterburner "lights" is remarkable …
Wouldn't it be nice if that feature was available in RF, like adding a streamer. Just input color(s), intensity, diameter, length, input function, etc. … and there you have it.

legoman

I have started cutting the surfaces into the wings (flaps, spoiler, etc.) I also have move the landing gear through its full movement to make sure it works right. and it seems to.

On a side note I grabbed a avro shackleton out of fsx I think because I wanted one to fly. I also ported a heli out of fsx as well, it was not to hard to set up although I had some gyro gain issues which I have fixed.

asj5547

The Shackleton is a nice WW2 big bird, what helicopter model ?
Getting anxious to fly the F-111, (it looks so good) but I know how involved modelling is and much more work you to do, I guess I will have to be patient.

legoman

The Shackleton is a nice WW2 big bird, what helicopter model ?
Getting anxious to fly the F-111, (it looks so good) but I know how involved modelling is and much more work you to do, I guess I will have to be patient.
a Kamov Ka-50 black shark