F-111 build thread

uncle twist

Ya know, I was going to ask you about those in your previous post, but it escaped me, regardless, it looks fantastic. Great work Legoman,...... πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜ƒ

uncle twist

the spoilers, the gear door/airbrake, or the bottom "fins"
Mostly relating to the spoilers, I`m not familiar with other air-braking systems on the plane.....Do the bottom fins play a part in air braking, I don`t see how they would work in that situation....

legoman

Mostly relating to the spoilers, I`m not familiar with other air-braking systems on the plane.....Do the bottom fins play a part in air braking, I don`t see how they would work in that situation....
I have seen some pictures where the gear door is at max deflection but does look like it is landing(aka putting the gear down. The fins are for directional stability not airbraking.

legoman

wow that is a big parachute....... And my rose tinted glasses when see features to add may have gotten the best of me (again). I may need to say nope to the chute. It is going to be 700+ moving parts if i am going to hide it inside the escape pod. If I use the fuse to hide the part in larger pieces but they may appear at unwanted times during the ejection sequence.

I knew sequencing the chute would be difficult. it could be done a couple ways quick, dirty. and inflexable to adjust the unfolding with one set of nup commands that ends up being less animation and more appearing/popping into existence. a second which is a number of moveable which can allow for more degrees of freedom at the cost of my sanity setting it up along with any one trying to adjust it also it will most likely kill frame rates. and a third idea a hybrid of the of the first two with multiple sets of nup commands which would be slightly easier to set up (adding the parts in rf, slightly more flexible in adjusting the animation timing but the range of motion is baked in.

In any case the number of parts may kill the frame rates. also the cut in the fuselage for the ejection seat will effect the airflow over the fuselage,
2020-09-14 01_10_04-Window.jpg
parachute.gif

uncle twist

WOW...!!! I don`t know what to say in regards to your sanity creating this...and getting it into RF, BUT regardless, it sure would be worth the wait, no matter how long it would take,......I would think that most would take the cut in frame rates, for such a cool feature regardless of how it unfolds/opens up. It sure looks awesome though. I hope you move forward with it. Where`s a parachute packer when you need one. πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜‰ :)

legoman

the gif attached is a plane from fsx as viewed in model converter x (not fsx it self). while it won't look quite like it. it is do able to make the chute round and constricted to only a foot across or so and then let it mushroom out after it has left its storage area. wings 3d is unhappy about it having to render since I had to cut the 240 sqft chute in to 225 patchs (massaged down from 321) fit behind the seats in the capsule and the 32x 196 inch wires into 13 individual segments (416 total) so they fit in the space as well.

Attachments

technoid

Wow that is a big parachute but if anyone can make it work you can. But no one is going to think anything about your passing on it either, do the one that's best for you.

PilotAt6

Is it possible to make a "module" (for lack of better word) of a parachute that could be cut and pasted into other aircraft edits and attached to a visual??? If so, and you make a working parachute, it would have many uses???

It would be great if RF had a way to add an item to their Aircraft Editor "ADD" option, like you can in the airport editor.

Legoman, you sure come up with fantastic idea's and methods !!! Keep up the great work!! We all benefit!

legoman

Is it possible to make a "module" (for lack of better word) of a parachute that could be cut and pasted into other aircraft edits and attached to a visual??? If so, and you make a working parachute, it would have many uses???

It would be great if RF had a way to add an item to their Aircraft Editor "ADD" option, like you can in the airport editor.

Legoman, you sure come up with fantastic idea's and methods !!! Keep up the great work!! We all benefit!
I have made "modules" before, however it uses propellers to place them. adding turbine graphics to edfs, "floats" (don't function). the An-225 from rf7 added the whole nacelle to the airframe it took multiple engines to animate the reversers.

the adding of the modules requires a part on the airframe in the location of part to make it visable. yeah an add option (like streamers) for parachutes would be cool