F-111 build thread

legoman

I dont think it would be a soldering issue since it is an intermittent issue in a narrow range of outputs but maybe. I have not examined the solder but next time I open it up I will check the solder on the components. the pots are not soldered to the internal board that send the signal to the computer.

But yeah a dirty spot on the restitor in rheostat or a bad sector on something like what is below
2020-10-20 17_04_17-Window.jpg

technoid

I dont think it would be a soldering issue since it is an intermittent issue in a narrow range of outputs but maybe. I have not examined the solder but next time I open it up I will check the solder on the components. the pots are not soldered to the internal board that send the signal to the computer.

But yeah a dirty spot on the restitor in rheostat or a bad sector on something like what is below
View attachment 121152
Just so you know a rheostat and potentiometer are different things. The first is used to control current so it has heavy duty windings where the second is used to measure voltage across a variable resistor so it has very little current going through it.

Rheostats vs Potentiometers sm.jpg

legoman

Just so you know a rheostat and potentiometer are different things. The first is used to control current so it has heavy duty windings where the second is used to measure voltage across a variable resistor so it has very little current going through it.

View attachment 121162
thank you I did not know that. I knew rheostats where for controling motor speed and such. but did to realize I was comparing a devise with a power and output (to load) to a devise with power, ground, and signal (low power). I just had the lightbulb go off that the pot is (slang/abbreviation) short for pot-entiometer. it make more sence now. sorry I was being dumb.

technoid

thank you I did not know that. I knew rheostats where for controling motor speed and such. but did to realize I was comparing a devise with a power and output (to load) to a devise with power, ground, and signal (low power). I just had the lightbulb go off that the pot is (slang/abbreviation) short for pot-entiometer. it make more sence now. sorry I was being dumb.
You just didn't know the difference, that's not being dumb. Glad I could help you with it. <grin>

uncle twist

That looks absolutely FABULOUS Legoman....!!!! Got a couple questions for ya...Will the weapons pylons rotate into a forward facing position as the wings are rotated into the swept position, I`m assuming so.... AND, what is the nozzle at the rear of the fuse...???

legoman

That looks absolutely FABULOUS Legoman....!!!! Got a couple questions for ya...Will the weapons pylons rotate into a forward facing position as the wings are rotated into the swept position, I`m assuming so.... AND, what is the nozzle at the rear of the fuse...???
yes the pylons that are modeled will rotate they are 3/3a, 4, 5, and 6/6a. 3a and 6a are a side mount on the outer pivoting pylons and would hold lighter stuff like short range missles. Stations 1,2,7,8 that would be father out dont rotate a must be jettisoned before sweeping the wing past a certain angle.

the little nozzle is for the fuel dump. It is also will light the fuel with the Afterburner. look up F-111 dump and burn

grooveybf109e

This is a dumb question, are those bombs or drop tanks, or something else? If they are bombs, are they going to have a following camera? Are they going to drop all at once, one at a time, or outside bombs, then inside bombs?

legoman

This is a dumb question, are those bombs or drop tanks, or something else? If they are bombs, are they going to have a following camera? Are they going to drop all at once, one at a time, or outside bombs, then inside bombs?
Very large drop tanks, 600 Gallons (2,300 Liters). I have used all the swtiches on the older intelinks 1-4 normal flight controls. Channel 5 (the left 2 pos on the old interlinks) is reserved for the drop tanks (so all at once) knob is the flaps. right two pos runs the retracts. the three pos on the old interlink is a wing sweep, the sliders let the pilot cam look around. one of the new three positions is speed brakes. I may hook up another of the new three positions to the canopyinstead of the auto setup based on airspeed and throttle.

I have a custom switch layout to make my interlink dx backward compatible with my older plane so I did not have to edit a lot of avs. there was a lot of cussing and swearing inserted in the following statements. where the are the retracts, why are my flaps not working, where is the dual rates

Attachments

legoman

here is a beta. it is fairly low poly so toaster approved although maybe not potato approved. the beta does not have a collison mesh yet it us using the one auto gernerated by the newer realflights so your mileage may vary in RF-X. dont worry I will make a collison mesh before final release.

control summary.... there are so many switch layouts now I need to be vague.

gimbals do gimbally things
the dualrates switch ( channel 5) drops the drop tanks
flaps are in the rf standard position
retracts are also in the RF standard location
wing sweep is on channel 8 normal 3 pos
speed brakes are on channel 9 which is appearently a two pos on the dx I remapped my dx to a three pos on channel 9. (key J for older remotes)
the sliders on the back are for looking around in the pilot seat.

Attachments