F-16 C Build Thread

Boof69

Thanks dude. I am too. I have all the time in the world to work on it but I am still moving slowly.

Rc51dude

Thanks dude. I am too. I have all the time in the world to work on it but I am still moving slowly.
I know the feeling, my job has shut down I have all the time in the world too, but the whole mess has my motivation in the toilet. I have a workshop full of RC projects and don't even care lol. I just keep teaching myself helis on RealFlight. As a nation I hope we can pull out of this mess. Keep on keeping on friend.

uncle twist

Just some render fun. Many things left to model and map but the hard parts are mapped.
Looks Fantastic Boof, Got a question for ya....while/when you`re mapping the fuse specifically, do you have to select all the faces on the modeled panel lines separately that you`ve done, I imagine you you had too..????....OR are they included/selected automatically when you select that half of the fuse that you`re mapping...Hope it`s the latter... :) :)

technoid

Great looking renders. (do you have any tutorials on how to get better renders? I really haven't done that)

U-Bird

Real Scale, True Scale at it's very best. Magnificent example of modeling skill at the highest level. This model is without a doubt going worth grabbing by everyone who appreciates realism at it's best. OUTSTANDING Boof.

Boof69

As far as modeling there isn't much changed. The cannon that is on the left couldn't be modeled until the mapping was done so my mapping could remain symmetrical. Adding detail after mapping is interesting but this required a boolean operation so I made a special save of the file just in case it might ruin something. Turns out the mapping is effected by a boolean. While it was still in place all the verts were detached making every poly a separate UV island. I selected all the UV verts and clicked weld and after a moment all was well. I did however forget many symmetrical fuselage details like nav lights and other minutia. I will solve this by making a copy of the fuselage and build and map these details along one side, symmetry them to the other side. Then detach them from the donor and attach them to the original fuse along with surrounding polys.
Thanks for the super kind words everyone. I wish I were faster. Lots of rust to shake off I guess.

abaser

Don’t you know speed kills? We’ve been all this time without this model, what’s a couple more hours?;) :ROFLMAO: Seriously though, can’t rush quality. All in good time.

uncle twist

Breathtaking pics. Boof, like Andy, I love the last one as well, it`s worth enlarging, framing then hanging on a wall, just a great shot..!!! Ha Ha, don`t worry about being faster one bit, we all understand the complexity of the the build.. ;) :D