Game headphones and RF

Flapper

Running RF 8.5. Got a set of Razer Blackshark V2 headphones+mic, that use a
"USB Soundcard". If mic is working in Windows, RF won't load, giving the chain of errors about "Error creating sound manager" etc. Will work with mic disabled in Windows, and headphones operating via USB. Saw a post here about disabling a different brands sound manager. No joy.
Any hope? Is RF 9 any better with this? Or do I just break down, dump the USB, and buy a splitter, to plug into the PC's headphone/mic jacks.....

legoman

I have used usb head phone (razer) and dont have any troubles currently and I have used it in rf8 too. I do remember some issue with the spatial sound setup when I first got it set up. windows sonic is what seems to work (just checked). and the one recommended on the box did not want to work i think it had some fancy name brand. I am sorry it has been along time since I got mine working. (2018-ish i think) so I am rusty on what all I changed.

Flapper

Thanks legoman, I'll attempt to beat it into submission a bit more. Odd that the headphones work well, but the microphone is what seems to be killing RealFlight!

legoman

Thanks legoman, I'll attempt to beat it into submission a bit more. Odd that the headphones work well, but the microphone is what seems to be killing RealFlight!
it has been a few years since i had the issue I am remembering. but for some reason I remember the mic killing rf I dont remember what I did fix it but it did work in the end. I have a razer kraken 7.1.

I did a little digging to see if I could find any help on google and found this https://steamcommunity.com/app/351970/discussions/0/490123727973347694/

Flapper

Thanks again, that link was interesting. Briefly got RF running, but the mic test in multiplayer wouldn't pass through anything. Then I tried tweaking a few settings in the included external sound manager software, and it all up and died again.
I did get to do a multiplayer a few days ago, using the headphones, and plugging in an old external mic direct to the PC. A splitter cable arrives from Amazon tomorrow...so dumping the USB will probably be the best solution. It does get tiresome disabling processes, rebooting, testing, etc.....
One would think we could move on from the old days of dealing with Soundblasters and Games crashing....that is so 1990's!