Goldberg Super Chipmunk

doug schluter

technoid

I started working on the Super Chipmunk fuselage this morning but noticed the hinge line for the vertical stabilizer wasn't at 90 degrees so I had to rotate the fuselage template to straighten it up. So the Goldberg plans I'm using aren't perfect but I'll work around it, but I'm glad I noticed it so I could make the fuselage straight instead of angled slightly. I did check one of the other plans I downloaded and the hinge line for the vstab was at 90 degrees on it but each plan is slightly different and I wanted to use the Goldberg plans.

technoid

I worked on the fuselage today but didn't get much done except finding another problem with the plan and going back and fixing some stuff because of it. But at least the fuselage is square now I modeled it according to the plan but I guess these plans are warped so I'm going to have to start eye balling it mostly. So anyway I'm working on it but things are moving along pretty slow. I think I'm going to stop for the day and maybe take tomorrow off I have to go out and pickup some medical supplies for my wife and grocery shop tomorrow so things may slow down on this build for a few days.

Last edited:

doug schluter

I worked on the fuselage today but didn't get much done except finding another problem with the plan and going back and fixing some stuff because of it. But at least the fuselage is square now I modeled it according to the plan but I guess these plans are warped so I'm going to have to start eye balling it mostly. So anyway I'm working on it but things are moving along pretty slow. I think I'm going to stop for the day and maybe take tomorrow off I have to go out and pickup some medical supplies for my wife and grocery shop tomorrow so things may slow down on this build for a few days.
good you found the warped plans and are able to correct it and yes life comes first as always but this on here is a distraction or release how ever you look at it , this is why i'm still on here

technoid

Well my wife's medical supplies are late coming in (on order) so to keep myself busy I've been working on the fuselage this morning. At first I just had a box object and cut the bulkheads so I could shape the side and top so now I'm adding segments so I can round off the top and shape the cowl and canopy. I have to say this is one of those parts I don't like it takes me forever to cut all the segments and shape them. So I've been working on it but stopped after a while because I get tired of it. I think shaping a fuselage is as bad or worse than mapping, at least to me it is. Of course I'm trying to shape the cowl, fuselage, and canopy at the same time so there's lots of segments to cut and shape.. ugh this isn't what I call fun. HA ! But in the end it will be worth it.

doug schluter

Well my wife's medical supplies are late coming in (on order) so to keep myself busy I've been working on the fuselage this morning. At first I just had a box object and cut the bulkheads so I could shape the side and top so now I'm adding segments so I can round off the top and shape the cowl and canopy. I have to say this is one of those parts I don't like it takes me forever to cut all the segments and shape them. So I've been working on it but stopped after a while because I get tired of it. I think shaping a fuselage is as bad or worse than mapping, at least to me it is. Of course I'm trying to shape the cowl, fuselage, and canopy at the same time so there's lots of segments to cut and shape.. ugh this isn't what I call fun. HA ! But in the end it will be worth it.
i know there are many on here that look forward to your builds technoid and your last one the Goldberg Tiger 120 all 3 versions sure have an abundant supply of CS's to go with them :)