Goldberg Super Chipmunk

technoid

I have a question for you guys. What I actually have is two versions of the Super Chipmunk one with 2.7 degrees of dihedral with the rudder shaped per the plan and a second version with 1.5 degrees of dihedral with the rudder cut at a greater angle to give the elevator more clearance. So my question is how do I release these versions?

I was thinking since most people fly electric these days I could release the electric version as.

Super Chipmunk

Then I could release the original version with the same name I used for it.

Goldberg Super Chipmunk
Goldberg Super Chipmunk Float

But I thought I'd run that by you guys to see what you think.

technoid

I just released the Goldberg Super Chipmunk. I'll release the float version next week and the electric version the week after that. And I might release a Gas version too. Ha.. I'm stuck on the Super Chipmunk. I want to see a Gas twin inside the cowl. I'm thinking the DLE-40 Gas Twin.

There were a few changes in the release version from the last beta I uploaded on the forum.

https://www.knifeedge.com/forums/index.php?resources/goldberg-super-chipmunk_ea.28086/

technoid

I started on the Super Chipmunk Gas version today. I have the engine in and reworked the physics for the gas engine. I still have lots to do but the engine is in and I can fly it. I kinda like the gas twin sound so it works for me. The Gas and Electric versions will both have the modified airframe with less dihedral and the rudder angle increased for more elevator travel.

doug schluter

I started on the Super Chipmunk Gas version today. I have the engine in and reworked the physics for the gas engine. I still have lots to do but the engine is in and I can fly it. I kinda like the gas twin sound so it works for me. The Gas and Electric versions will both have the modified airframe with less dihedral and the rudder angle increased for more elevator travel.
sounds like it will be one for 3D flyin nice to have a gasser version of the chipmunk for that :)

technoid

sounds like it will be one for 3D flyin nice to have a gasser version of the chipmunk for that :)
It's a bit more aerobatic than the other version but it's not really 3d. But I do like the way less dihedral tracks there's not much self leveling. And the extra elevator throw does make loops tighter. I cut the rudder angle for 30 degrees but I only set the elevator to 25 degrees. The first version is limited to 20 degrees.