Goldberg Super Chipmunk

technoid

Here's a beta of the Super Chipmunk electric version to play with let me know if you find any problems.

NOTE: This is the Kit Bashed version with less dihedral (1.5 degrees vs 2.7 degrees) and the Rudder angle cut for 30 degrees of elevator throw. Right now the elevator is set to 25 degrees.

Controls set for InterlinkElite

FLAPS: Channel 6 Knob
BRAKES: Activated using UP elevator

Super Chipmunk.jpg

Attachments

technoid

I'm surprised you made it so fast. If you go with the Q100-5L motor it will be in the speed range you like. You will also use about 40% less battery. But you know me ;)
Yeah I said in the beginning I was going to give it a strong motor. (Because I was doing the electric version for you) You can't hardly hear it so I guess I needed a tiny bit more speed to make up for it :) And with the 6,000 mah battery I get over 5 minutes. In my research I used two Turnigy Nano Tech 6,000 mah 6S 70C battery packs in series. Lots of bucks to power this plane but it's in the SIM so it doesn't cost anything.

technoid

So if I name a plane MyPlane_EP.rfx it's electric powered.

So what is it if I name it MyPlane_GP.rfx ? (would it be Gas Powered) or (Glow Powered)

I'm asking because I might want to use EP and GP for the Kit Based Electric and Gas powered versions. So let me know what you think the GP version would mean to most people. Of course I guess I could just name them

Super Chipmunk Electric.rfx
Super Chipmunk Gas.rfx

technoid

I've been playing with this for a while and since asj5547 guessed what it is (in the thread for the EA) I'll post an update of what I have. I just finished adding the left wing retracts tonight they're not mapped yet but it looks good enough to post a picture of what I have and one of the real plane.

Super Chipmunk Retracts 11.jpgSuper Chipmunk Retracts 12.jpg