Goldberg Super Chipmunk

technoid

i know there are many on here that look forward to your builds technoid and your last one the Goldberg Tiger 120 all 3 versions sure have an abundant supply of CS's to go with them :)
No kidding the Goldberg Tiger 120 surprised me a lot when I started it I didn't think there would be much interest in it at all but boy it fooled me. I guess it has the most support of any plane I've done.

grooveybf109e

No kidding the Goldberg Tiger 120 surprised me a lot when I started it I didn't think there would be much interest in it at all but boy it fooled me. I guess it has the most support of any plane I've done.
It really is a good plane though, I'm for the most mainly interested in warbirds, but the Goldberg Tiger was just really fun to fly and easy to make color schemes for. :) And I can't wait to see how the super chipmunk turns out!!

technoid

This isn't enough for an update but it's what I just finished so I'll post a picture of it. I smoothed out the front of the fuselage and shaped the nose ring on the cowl. Of course that ain't much but it's what I did. Now it's time to get something to eat and play my game for a while. These days I work in short bursts so I don't get much done.

Goldberg Super Chipmunk 03.jpg

BrokeDad

technoid

I finally got back to the Chipmunk this morning and started shaping the top of the fuselage. I had to create some templates for the bulkheads which really isn't shown that well in the plans so I made my own. Anyway I have the turtle deck shaped so now I need to shape the front of the canopy to the end cowl so I decided to take a break. Here's a rough picture of where I'm at.

Goldberg Super Chipmunk 04.jpg

technoid

I finished tweaking the cowl and created the intakes. In the end I'll cutout the cowl and make it a little larger so it looks like it's added to the plane like the real model does. I guess next I need to create the canopy. Here's a shot of where I'm at. Like I said I don't think the cowl is perfect but it's the best I can do.

Goldberg Super Chipmunk 06.jpg