Goldberg Super Chipmunk

doug schluter

Okay a bit more progress I just finished adding the vstab. Now it's time for a break.

View attachment 123923
it is a different way they set the dihedral up on this one , Wing Dihedral is set at 2 11/16" referenced at rib #11 i remember having a little bit of fun getting it right but it turned out good if that helps your paln must show wing 11 right ? hope this helps

technoid

it is a different way they set the dihedral up on this one , Wing Dihedral is set at 2 11/16" referenced at rib #11 i remember having a little bit of fun getting it right but it turned out good if that helps your paln must show wing 11 right ? hope this helps
Thanks. I'll check the plan but I'm not sure how I'd get a measurement in 3ds Max like that. Right now the plane isn't scaled to anything just whatever the drawing is after I import it in 3ds Max.

doug schluter

Thanks. I'll check the plan but I'm not sure how I'd get a measurement in 3ds Max like that. Right now the plane isn't scaled to anything just whatever the drawing is after I import it in 3ds Max.
Goldberg Super Chipmunk Dihedral .jpgyes i think i would go by what looks close , it seemed to me to be a little much for dihedral and i remember i took some out i think i made it 2 in from that point , been so long but i think that is right

technoid

Looking forward a bit I decided to scale the Chipmunk to have an 80 inch wingspan like the Tiger 120 but use the next larger O.S. FS-155-a four-stroke which is the same size as the FS-120 but has the output of most 200s so it would pull the plane really well.

Here's a picture of the plane scaled to an 80 inch wingspan with a 16 inch prop does it look about right ?

Attachments